I fucking hate apple

Worst. Customer. Service. Ever.

My roommate said he’d kick me out of his house if I ever bought a computer from apple.

You would deserve it.

I hated apple until my sister started working there and getting us cheap and free stuff. Now half the stuff I own is from apple.

I hate “hate” threads without accompanying stories.

In less than 2 years I’ve had to get the dvd / cd drive replaced, the wireless card’s acted up randomly, the fans were noisy as fuck and I already replaced one, the next one is coming up and my motherboard needs to get switched. That’s on top of the fact that I had to fight with Apple for every single last repair and that their warranty system is a huge scam, as is their in store service. They charge you to get buy their store specific service package if you want prompt and efficient service. Their new os is also buggy and programs have a tendency to freeze up.

Happy?

It’s sad to see Apple having so many hardware issues. Their shit used to be rock-solid, but I hear of more and more people having problems with them. Makes it that much harder to justify their already outrageous prices.

The iPhones are apparently less than stellar as well. Some people love them, but I’ve witnessed firsthand a number of bugs.

He let my iPod slide because he has a Zune and it’s terrible.

Creative Zen owns all. I’m sorry, but it just does.

As a proud Zen owner, seconded.

I like my iPod, but only because I swear to god, it has a sense of humor. I could tell stores about some of it’s creative “randomized” song orders.

I suppose this is the wrong thread to tell everyone how much I love my iPod?

Seconded second.;). Though mine doesn’t seem to like Vista much, :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I’m curious.

My iPod does that too. I’ll turn it on one day go to a particular album and all of the songs will have changed order for no reason at all. It’s also doubled some of my albums and bands for no reasons. Strangely enough it does the most with all of my Pixies albums.

Interesting I love my Apple stuff. Hell I’m doing this post on an iPod Touch. My Macbook is rock solid, but I do occasionally have problems with the DVD drive on my Pro though. I will admit though that the Macbook Air is crap and not one bit appealling.

That is because you have a creative mind, and is why things like astrology, tarot, and I Ching “work*.” You read meanings into randomized data, and interpret them as stories. This doesn’t make it any less meaningful, though. It means that you have the ability to string together complex stories, which is something that many people in this country have little to no ability to do. In other words, embrace your imagination, and other corny stuff.

*(On a side note, things like tarot can be used effectively in psychology, but it’s more like a Rorshach than a prediction of the future.)

Apple does one thing right: commercials. Feist and Yael Naim? Those fuckers know how to pick their songs.

Of course I should mention they also use a lot of pure shit… U2?

I was about to say.

Well, Steve Jobs is considered tech’s +1 asshole. He double parks in handicapped zones, his best and brightest fear for their job security no matter how well they do. He also double-parks in the handicap spots in front of the Apple building but leaves everybody else to fend for themselves. (he really should be fined).

I’ve seen people that love their iPods, but I also have seen people screwed by their iPods. Apple offers paltry to no support for their iProducts. If you happen to own a PC and non-mac iCraps, they will send the issue to the manufacturer to try to setup their proprietary garbage.

When Vista came out, despite having the ability to update their bloated and intentionally broken software for over a year. They took the opportunity to flout how Vista is broken because it won’t run out of date apple software. Meanwhile, Leopard came out. They rightly blame the developers of incompatible software for incompatibility with Leopard. A case of doubletalk. It’s okay for apple to not upgrade their crap, but not okay for say, HP to update their printers.

Also, Apple notebooks are now exploding more frequently than Dell and HP notebooks combined (that’s 3% of the worlds notebooks exploding more than 50+% of the rest) despite switching to “safer” lithium polymer batteries.

I work for a major computer company, and people don’t even know that if you want one company to work on another company’s problem, there is usually no chance or sometimes, a best effort for a fee involved. Especially when that awful iTunes garbage refuses to install, or rip, or burn, ect. They blamed other manufacturers for iTunes not being able to burn in certain notebooks, when all it needed was an update one such company tried providing apple for free. If you buy an apple product and it works great. That’s wonderful. But if it is utter crap, I apologize. You deserve it.

Other companies are about trying to maximize compatibility and making everything work together. Apple is like 1980’S IBM, making everything proprietary, with no ability to inter-operate with other systems. Taking no responsibility for its products. It’s that haughty arrogance that sickens me.

I was an apple customer, but they are irreparably the worst.