I feel dirty [Cell Phones]

Master of Your Domain. It is usually given the honor of being the best Seinfeld episode ever, although Soup Nazi is always giving it a run for its money. Basically, it’s the one where Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer make a bet to see who can go the longest without masturbating. George won, but the final episode revealed that he cheated making Jerry the winner.

UPDATE:

I was talking on the phone whilst walking through a crosswalk. The conversation lasted through the duration of the street crossing.

I’M TURNING INTO ONE OF THEM!!! AAAAH!!!

Sorry. Well, at least, I don’t think, I’m being obnoxious about my phone. And, being battery paranoid, I’m certain I’ll be and remain courteous about turning the damn thing off when I’m in like class or a movie or whatever.

it’s the communicative instrumentalitizing of the planet. As people become able to know more and mroe people they will know them less and less!!! It’s a mad house!! Soylent green is people!! Pharaoh let my people go!!

Cell phones make things so simple. I think life should have a certain amount of complication to it (like, oh shit! I need to make a call and I need to find a pay phone and beg for a few quarters to use it!) It just…makes life that much more interesting, not to be able to contact others at all times. I suppose if my life becomes more complicated than it is now (as I’m sure it will), then it might become too much and I might just say, fuck it, and get a cell phone. But for now I’m content to live in my pseudo-masochistic, but more just appreciative-of-some-hardship life.

-Mazrim Taim

Do you also have to walk uphill both ways, for fifteen miles, in the snow, barefoot to find the payphone, Maz? :stuck_out_tongue:

And really, because of cell phones, finding pay phones now is a whole lot harder than it used to be. Remember when gas stations used to always have pay phones? Yeah, well, it’s been my experience that they’re getting rid of them. And remember grocery stores and their phones? Yeah, gone. Like I said, the only place that ALWAYS has pay phones now is Waffle House, but that makes it a little easy for me to find pay phones in Georgia. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Waffle House out here doesn’t have a pay phone.

Also, business tend to not let people use their phones. I’ve been told that if a customer asks to use my phone, I’m to tell them no. The reason is if they called someone us (say, President Bush), and threatened them, then that threat would have been on behalf of the company, and we could get in major doo-doo. Fucking lawyers.

See, there’s one small part wrong with your first sentence, Sat. “The Waffle House out here” That implies there is only one, and that is just plain wrong. How dare your state not have so many Waffle Houses that you can give directions based solely on Waffle Houses! It’s inhumane!

I’ve only had to use a pay phone one time in my entire life, as far as I can remember. And I can’t think of any times when I needed to talk to someone who wasn’t within earshot or a quick walk so desperately that it would require the transportation of an electronic tracking device.

Sat: I think it has more to do with the fact that your company probably doesn’t want to pay the extra phone fees :stuck_out_tongue: