I feel dirty [Cell Phones]

…In the right forum this time…

Anyway, as of yesterday, I have a cellphone now. Yeah, even I have one of those things now.

For all this time, I thought it would never happen to me. But here I am. I’m one of those people now.

FLUSH

That’s the sound of me sending a bit of my soul down the toilet.

Don’t worry. Just do what I do, whenever the phone rings just pick it up and start screaming obscenities. After awhile, the calls will stop.

Uh, it isn’t really a big deal. I guess if you’re a teenager and go to highschool and have a million and one friends it can be pretty useful for keeping track of numbers and stuff. That’s mainly what I do, I just keep numbers and stuff in my phone. Yea, I use it, but thats what its for anyway ;p

Caleb, that’s mostly what I do to my mother’s if I hear it go off, start screaming and shouting at it, calling it a devil brick until it stops. I hate the things.

bleh. nothing wrong with cell phones. Just as long as you don’t become one of those annoying people who talk while in a lecture hall… or talk while in a quiet movie theater… or talk on the street with an earphone stuck in their ear in the side you can’t see and it makes you think they’re crazy! <.<

I have one, and I just remembered I have forgotten to turn it off.

I’m the kind of person who owns a cell phone to make calls, sometimes be called. I would write messages if it didn’t take me half an hour to type anything decent on those crappy keypads.

Actually, if anyone’s seen Trigger Happy TV, Dom Joly does an excellent parody of a mobile phone user.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]I have one, and I just remembered I have forgotten to turn it off.

I’m the kind of person who owns a cell phone to make calls, sometimes be called. I would write messages if it didn’t take me half an hour to type anything decent on those crappy keypads. [/b]

Ah yes, text messages. I’m pretty good at that.

If it’s a nokia, go here.

I’ve had a phone for two years and I never use it. Mainly for emergencies and stuff. Otherwise I never use it. Although . . . I hate it because people I don’t know call me and hear my voice message and try to hook up with me. It’s creepy. Actually, that’s only happened once. -_-’ (I tend to exaggerate)

Ah… the crappy Keyboard, my greatest enemy. It takes me three hours to type a friggin’ sentence.

I fear that I’m going to be the last of the mohicans when it comes to not owning a cell phone. Must…resist…communicative instrumentality…

I just used my uncle’s cell phone a few times to make some calls but never kept it for more than an hour, so I’m still on your side Merl (Besides, I can’t afford one).

I only use my cell phone. It’s cheaper than getting a phone wired into the house. Of course, since I’ve got DSL at my new house, I guess I’ll have a phone line anyway… I think I’ll just stick to my cell phone. I already know its number.

I got my cell phone jammed down my throat two years ago because dad claimed I NEEDED ONE DAMMIT! Now he just drops comments now and then that it’s useless if I don’t have it activated. I hate those things.
Remember last year at Halloween when we were at a candle lightning ceremony in the church, for those who had died earlier during the year. A cell phone went of while they were counting up names and lighting a candle for each person. Good lord -_-

I don’t have a cell phone and I can’t imagine a reason why I would want one.

I wasn’t a fan of them before I got one, but they’re really more useful than they are “evil.” I mean, you can call for help if you’re stranded, you can find out where people are when you’re not at home, and people can call you no matter where you are. Other than price, I really don’t see a down side.

The “people can call you wherever you are” is the thing that I don’t like. I hate phones and I see no reason for people bothering me all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Merlin
I fear that I’m going to be the last of the mohicans when it comes to not owning a cell phone. Must…resist…communicative instrumentality…

Ten bucks says I last longer than you :P.

I lack one, I’m entering that bet Merl :smiley:

Oh, and if one of you gets an N-Gage, I will harm you.