I command you to help me

Because I suck at life, I’m turning to the rest of the interweb truck for aid.

I’m trying to catch some gameplay footage from PSX games (specifically, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure). I’m using ePSXe, FRAPS and Virtual Dub. No problem, everything is working. Except for the fact that FRAPS puts a huge strain on the system while dumping raw video data, so the whole movie is jerky as shit. I’ve tried a few plugins for ePSXe, but those are even worse. So I’m kind of at a loss as to how to rip fluent raws of gameplay footage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and counts towards your cool person credit.

Tried a different emulator? pSX is pretty accurate.

It’s not a problem with the emulator, it’s just the fact that dumping a video puts a huge strain on the system, and it drops the FPS quite considerably.

And as far as I know pSX uses the same plugins as ePSXe, so yeah.

pSX doesn’t even USE plugins. :stuck_out_tongue:

You just answered your own question, as far as i’m concerned. Fraps is using the same DirectX or OpenGL path that ePSXe is used to draw the PSX frames…of course running both at the same time will drop the framerate. Outside of using some kind of capture hardware that sits in between your graphics card and the output (monitor), i don’t see how you can do this better :frowning:

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I was afraid of. I guess I was just hoping somebody cheated the system and made PSX Movie Files or something. Oh well.