Hunting a sport?

Only if marching band is.

More seriously, no. It’s something you can do with your time, but knitting and putting together puzzles aren’t sports, so I don’t consider hunting to be, either. And, while not an activist, I do get rather upset when I think of a poor, defenseless little deer being shot and then strapped to the back of someone’s pickup and being hauled home. And beyond that, I really don’t like guns.

But that’s just me; I know a lot of people who really enjoy it, and that’s fine with me. Just don’t make me EAT the deer, and I’m cool.

Hunting is a sport in the same way auto racing and cheerleading is. There are always some people who say there not sports, and some who say they are, but in the end, it doesn’t matter too much.

Originally posted by purplepeopleeater
Only if marching band is.

Marching band is not and never will be a sport; just like cheerleading and figure skating.

On topic: Bow hunting - sport; Rifle hunting - hobby.

I have no problem with hunting as long as it is not done needlessly. The deer population in suburbs across the U.S. is excessive because they no longer have natural predators in many areas and are free to cause problems of a vast sort.

This reminds me of when I was a junior in high school, and some guy from a conservationist group came and gave this speach at my school. During the question/answer part near the end, one of the seniors asked the best question I had ever heard at these things.

Senior> If hunting’s a sport, how do the ducks get points?