How to avoid getting a ticket

Originally posted by Infonick
So is the new trend to post from http://www.funnyjuk.com?

No silly, the new trend is to post things about the US military and boring computer stories ^^

And Astral, put on the water-works and say you’re late for a wedding :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

Originally posted by Eden99
[b]No silly, the new trend is to post things about the US military and boring computer stories ^^

And Astral, put on the water-works and say you’re late for a wedding :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy: [/b]

Ouch, you are a cruel cruel person. I think I’ll make friends with Satan instead, he’s nicer. Next time you might want to add a swift kick to the balls to complete the pain though, just a sugestion.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
You apparently needed Sin for that situation :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re right, I did. And if I had known that he had been coming up the other side of the street as I was getting pulled over (which he was, ironically x_x), I would’ve requested him pull down his pants and provide a good mooning of the cop to get me off the hook! <.< …Ah well. There’s always next time. (along with the great idea of spontaneous crying)

Haw haw.

I saw some comedian do this in his standup bit on comedy central, like, 10 years ago. :hahaha;

Its pretty old, but funny. I guess.

No reason to avoid getting it. The police are doing their jobs and are just trying to save lives. If you touch a stove and get burned, you most likely won’t touch it again. Tickets do the same thing. They just discourage you from doing stupid stupid things. Besides, tickets probably help pay for things are needed. Besides, a ticket is better than learning the hard. You DON’T want to learn anything the hard way…

Originally posted by Infonick
No reason to avoid getting it. The police are doing their jobs and are just trying to save lives. If you touch a stove and get burned, you most likely won’t touch it again. Tickets do the same thing. They just discourage you from doing stupid stupid things. Besides, tickets probably help pay for things are needed. Besides, a ticket is better than learning the hard. You DON’T want to learn anything the hard way…

While this is wonderfully idealistic, I believe alot of cops give tickets (1) to fill their quota for the day, (2) to take out their crappy lives on other people, (3) for the sadistic glee of it all. Obviously this isn’t true for all cops, but I can give you a specific example (one of my mom’s run ins - apparently they don’t like the fact she drives a camero): this was a couple years ago, when she was picking me up from high school. she saw me walking along the street the opposite way from which she was driving and paused in order to make a u-turn, but then continued forward in order to make a turn at the end of the street. Apparently the cop didn’t like her line of thinking, because he pulled out of his hiding space and brought her into my high school, and then proceeded to call 2 other cops as backup. He gave her a ticket when she had done NOTHING, and proceeded to leave her sitting there for a good 30 minutes, while I waited for her at the opposite end of the school. x_x

Anyway, the moral of the story is… cops are asses just like everyone else. And the only result of me getting this ticket on my street is me becoming more bitter. It’s not a deterrent. :stuck_out_tongue: