How many of you feel about...

What do you think about someone who didn’t graduate from high school on time?

Time is relative, and the possible reasons are too diverse for the blame to fall on a lack of intelligence. A lack of motivation combined with a difficulty with a hard subject can cause failure after all.

No, they’re not stupid, one of the most intelligent people I know is a high school drop-out. School just didn’t work for him, if he had been unschooled (self taught) it would have been better, as it is he got his G.E.D. and he passed the test with flying colors.

Originally posted by Zero
Time is relative, and the possible reasons are too diverse for the blame to fall on a lack of intelligence. A lack of motivation combined with a difficulty with a hard subject can cause failure after all.

Indeed. Without motivation, little can be accomplished… And a pair of hard subjects can exausth some people.

Graduating ‘late’ doesn’t mean you’re any less intelligent than those who graduated ‘on time’. Here in England, we don’t even pass grades like that…we just leave at 16, or at 18 if you wanna stay on. So if it doesn’t seem to matter here, why should it matter anywhere else?

I dropped out of school because of problems, I went to college without even taking my GCSEs and graduating from secondary school, so no, people that graduate late (or not at all) aren’t always less intelligent. It’s all about circumstances.

Yay, people agree with me. I graduated this april or so finally after a by mail course for english i got last year
@ _ @.
I would have passed on time if i didn’t take the regular english 12 course, i’ve never really been taught a good way to write papers, that and im lazy ^ _ ^;.
Though school sucked ass, last year i happened to have like 2 panic attacks and fact i had basically no real friends that cared about me didn’t help either.
However im still living and shouldn’t be whining or whatever this is that i do best ;p

Don’t worry, GunsmokeMist, you have us on the boards as friends!

thinks

OK, that was MEANT to sound comforting, but I probably just scared you…heheheh :slight_smile:

What she means is, you have friends that care about you here.

Yes! Thank you, that is what I meant…at least, you can word it better than me. Heheheh :slight_smile:

Some happen to experience great misfortune during our teenage years and thus require another year. Because of depression and social phobia in my last year of secondary school, I required another year (which I completed at an adult education centre) before I could graduate. Perhaps failure to complete high/secondary school at the same time as the majority of one’s peers may related to intelligence for some, but for the most part, I think that it stems from other problems.

:eek: im loved weee gushes with love uh oh too much explodes ^ _ ^; hehe sorry
Hm well it could be other things i suppose, as not being able to stay after school for extra help or the people in class being too disruptive to get anything done, disorganized teachers, stuff taught is too easy for some people which makes them lose interest, hm list goes on i guess.

Oh no! Don’t explode! starts piecing Gunsmokemist back together Anyone got superglue?!