Hoshigami

Whew…

God…62 hours 37 minutes later, i have FINALLY beaten hoshigami…

I dont know if you have all heard of this game. I know i certainly hadnt. I was in EB games one day when it caught my eye. Its a strategy RPG like vandal hearts or FFT. Now, i like strategy RPGs alot, and ive played a fair share. But this game is the HARDEST! My god. Words cannot begin to describe how irritatingly hard this game is. It will make you want to beat your face in.

First of all…no reviving…none…if a main character dies, you just keep going. He never comes back. So the ending you are playing the game for? Out the window. All you will get is a stupid 45 second cutscene. (at least, i did. i lost the 2nd main character, so i dont know about the 1st)

Second of all, and worst of all, the computer is always at an advantage. An EXTREME advantage. You can only put 7 guys in, but the computer can put as many as it wants (30 plus was the highest i saw). Also, the computer has many more classes and types of warriors than you ever will, thus eliminating any hope of counterattcking with sucess. Also, the computer custom places its men, it doesnt have to move them into position. This means, sometimes, that your warrior cannot get to the computers. IE- an archer is behind an impassable tile.

Third is the magic system. You have to “engrave” you coins/spells…there is no way to do this correctly…i mustve gone to 1000 hoshigami sites, and no one could figure out the correct combinations. This means the enemies “blizzaga” may do 2000 damage but yours will only do 200, because it is not properly engraved.

Basically, im putting this up to warn you. Dont be drawn in by this games trap. Though not a nessicarily bad game, the diffuculty rating makes it pointless to play-unless you are like me and just have nothing better to do…

Now pardon me while i go beat Front Mission 3 with no problem…god, Hoshigami makes that game look like childs play…

I heard of Hoshigami and how hard it was but I’ve never played it. I almost bought it but didn’t. I see it was a good decision. FM3 is good. I’ve finished it with both paths. The Elsa path is much more rewarding than the Alisa path imho… I hated the Alisa path. There were a couple things they could’ve easily done to make FM3 worh a 5/5, but didn’t. I hope FM4 improves on that.

Yea i beat FM3 on the elsa path too. After hoshigami im going to go for the alisa path…just to say ive beaten both…

When does FM4 come out?

don’t know , its not even out in japan yet.

Did you try gamefaqs for you coin thingamajigger thing? I ask because I found this.

Front Mission 4 is supossed to have online capabities right?
About Hoshigami i like to have a good challenge in games but that sounds a little to much for my taste but who knows maybe I will play it someday

Man, sounds like my kinda game, I’ll look out for that, thanks for the tip.

Yea…i did try that…but by the time i did it was late in the game anyway, so i my physical attacks and archers where just as good as any coin/spell wouldah been…

And i see no one has made a shrine for it yet…would hoshigami be considered “RPGclassics” material? Because i’d make a shrine to help the poor souls playing it…I ask because its a recent game…2001, i dont know if that qualifies as a classic…

Originally posted by Devillion
[b]Yea…i did try that…but by the time i did it was late in the game anyway, so i my physical attacks and archers where just as good as any coin/spell wouldah been…

And i see no one has made a shrine for it yet…would hoshigami be considered “RPGclassics” material? Because i’d make a shrine to help the poor souls playing it…I ask because its a recent game…2001, i dont know if that qualifies as a classic… [/b]

It doesn’t have to be a classic game. Recent ones are ALWAYS being shrined. Just e-mail Cid, and if you can get it past him, you can shrine it.

Tactics made the cut, I dont see why Hoshigami wouldnt.

Alright, cool!

Cause you are gonna need all the help you can get…

Damn, I beat it in 45. And later on in the game, you can revive your characters. I forget how (I haven’t played it in about a year). However, it’s the first actual challenge I’ve ever had in a game.

There are 3 coins that can revive characters but you have to use them before the end of the battle. and one of them is as hard to get as bosonova level coins. i think 1 was called revia and the games not that card if you use status cure coins to turbo charge your character levels. I was maintaining a constant +10 levels or more over my opponents and their melee types couldn’t hit me without + hit skills and even then it was like 25% chance to hit. I never did get liemry to rejoin yet. I don’t use archers very much because they do such little damage. Although chromas Axe with a sonova robe is kind of fun with romleth or The earth priest.

Devillion, I bow before your awesomeness. I’ve had Hoshigami since it came out and have about 10 files with about 10-15 hours on them, but still haven’t managed to have the strength of wll to beat it.