Holy shit! Zelda!

My brother and I still have our NES and SNES at home. Mom was asking several weeks ago about getting rid of them. I think we’re still pondering.

I actually prefer to use emulators to a certain extent. I have a PSX-style USB controller, so that’s not an issue. And using savestates and fast-forward is really great for certain games. :sunglasses:

I don’t think there’s any legal problem with emulation if you actually own both the system and the cart, in any case. :sunglasses:

Unfortunately there is Cid, Nintendo even made an official statement about it and such.

You have a good, working Saturn emulator? Linkplz.

Vintage gaming is likened unto a finely aged wine.

Sure, you can play something on an emulator, but popping in the actual cartridge and jiggling the power cord just right to get the ancient console to turn on is so much more of an experience. And maybe someday when your grandkids look at that old Atari or NES and ask what it is, you can say that it was the beginning of the gaming stuff they have now…and they’ll laugh at you and call you an old geezer and go play Resident Evil MMDCCLI. :smiley:

Kids are almost doing that to me already, Trill. ;.;

The two original Zeldas are classics, and Gamestations in the UK can be absolute goldmines at times (I’ve lost count of the rare stuff I’ve picked up from there, such as Fighters megamix for £2.99 for example :slight_smile: Kinda makes me wish I have a NES now…

As for the status of retro gaming, kids should be forced to sit down and play the original Zelda and Super Mario Brothers at least once in their lives. If possible, force them to enjoy it too. It’s for their own good. :-p

THEY… INSULTED… ZELDA… 2… LINKS ADVENTURE…

… Needless to say, I didn’t give them their birthday present. (Which was a game.)

… I delayed the delivery process a bit, thought.

EGM i think it was did that a few months back, but the kids dissed all the games. I hate those children with a passion.

If that article is the one I think it is, it was faked, I think.

Sweet.

And GG, people accused seanbaby of writing it, but i dont think EGM said for sure if it was fake or not.

I didn’t say it was a working Saturn emulator. I’ve been around since the before time, since the long, long ago, and back then people made emulators simply to see if they could emulate the hardware, not to pirate the games (well, perhaps <I>additionally</I> to pirate the games). Thus, when I say I’ve got an emulator, it’s just as much to see if it’s done properly, or to see what tech demos it can play as it is to play a game on.

Unfortunately so. Console ROMs are illegal, 100%, no exceptions. You can not have ANY console games in any medium other than that which they were originally printed, and only those copies that were originally printed by the original publisher (or someone licensed by the original publisher, such as Majesco prints of Castlevania IV or Sunsoft prints of Final Fantasy Legend). All other copies of these games, represented in either ROM form or hacked port are illegal, and may not be distributed. However, once they’re in your possession, there’s little the ESA can do about it unless they walk in your house and check, but it’s still illegal.