Holes in skull = good

http://www.ee0r.com/trepan.html

I found this site using StumbleUpon, which everyone needs to have in their browser. :smiley:

I didn’t know there was actual science behind trepanning. I assumed people lost touch with their childhood because they were miserable or something. Note that the guy says his life is a lot better after he had it done. 0_o

Their only feeling damn drugs not this skull cracking crap. Drugs will always give a better feeling then living probably. I hope they drill deeper sometime. Excuse me while i dont cut out some of my skull and then when i lay down to sleep i dont cause the brain exposed to be damaged in the process or if suddenly i had that part of my brain hit something. I’m surprised they didn’t die from lack of blood loss to the brain when they were born.

I don’t have time to even start picking this article apart.

Aww, but hearing your informed analysis is always more fun than reading nonsensical half-baked bullcrap. ;_;

There’s nothing like waking up in the morning and scratching that newly placed hole in your head. I’m sure you’d have to wash your pillow cases more often though…

The first thing I thought of when I saw this topic was The Golden Compass. Anyway, I would be interested to hear more about this, assuming that it were actual scientific research, rather than some nutcase who was on LSD while performing surgery on himself.

Of course it is. Without those holes you wouldn’t be able to have eyes, and without eyes you wouldn’t be able to see. So yes, holes in skull equals good.

And I would comment beyond that. But I think I’ll wait until Sinistral has the time to. I don’t know a lot about drilling holes in skulls, only bashing them open.

The article lost any sort of credibility when it sayys they drilled the holes themselves. Not even having someone else drill it, despite someone else being around. Expanded mind like drugs give you? A permanent state of ebing high? Yeah, now theres a winning discovery, especially considering all the stupid shit, like this, that people do when they are high. Last I checked, most people don’t get smarter the more drunk they become.

I guess some people took the old “I need you like I need a hole in the head” expression a tad too seriously.

I maintain that the best way to aerate a head is with a .45.

I should be surprised because people do things like this, but then again I’m not. Ew.

On a slightly related note, skulls are sort of cool to see. When I was in San Francisco on business in June of last year, I went to the Academy of Sciences to have a look around. There was a special exhibit on skulls in the natural history museum section, and they had an unbelievable number of skulls. It was sort of creepy, yet it was sort of cool too.

I went to that body exibition by that crazy German guy, who’d plastified (right word) bodies? THAT was freaky. I got to hold someone’s lungs. They feel like sponges.

Originally posted by demigod
The first thing I thought of when I saw this topic was The Golden Compass. Anyway, I would be interested to hear more about this, assuming that it were actual scientific research, rather than some nutcase who was on LSD while performing surgery on himself.

The Golden compass?

Centuries from now, medical experts are gonna be laughing their asses off over that.

Originally posted by vyse the legend
The Golden compass?

First book of His Dark Materials trilogy.

I thought the first book was Northern Lights.

The first book in the His Dark Materials trilogy is indeed the Northern Lights. Second being The Subtle Knife and the last one being The Amber Spyglass. I LOVE the way Phillip Pullman incorporates Trepanning into the trilogy.

By the way, how exactly would one make a hole in their own head? I mean wouldn’t it be slightly difficult to say the least?

Originally posted by Urkani
By the way, how exactly would one make a hole in their own head? I mean wouldn’t it be slightly difficult to say the least?

Why all you need is a little LSD and an electric drill. An auger or cork-screw would also work but they don’t work as well according to the article. Then you just need a nice chair and drill away.

Oh I can think of ways in which you can do it but I mean, it’d be slightly disturbing to drill a hole into your own head.

Originally posted by Pierson
I thought the first book was Northern Lights.

For some reason the title is different in the on this side of the Atlantic. We noticed the descrepency before, in this thread.

Anyway, so after they took out a piece of their skull (did he do it in the middle of his forehead the first time?), how did they patch it back up?