Hoffman Ruins dilemma

In the Hoffman Ruins (SO2) I accidentally blew up something that I wasn’t supposed to and now I’m stuck.

Any help, please?

Oh god, I hate that dungeon. However, Cid’s shrine has a map that might help you out a little should you choose to reset your game. Or perhaps you can find out what room you’re in?

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/so2/walkclaude.shtml#hoffman

One thing you need to remember is that you’re not completely caved in. I don’t think the game would allow something like that to happen.

I hope not. It still looks like I’m doing nothing but going in circles.

Is there an escape spell of some sort?

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
One thing you need to remember is that you’re not completely caved in. I don’t think the game would allow something like that to happen.

It would. Three words for you.

Field of Power.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Is there an escape spell of some sort?

Nope. >.>

And the closest thing to it costs three million FOL. Or was it 30 million?

The Hoffman ruins don’t lock you in…that dungeon was a bitch because of its little sideways and cave openings that don’t stand out very well, plus a lot of the rooms look the same. Just keep changing your direction every time you enter a room or follow the same direction, you’ll come to some scene or some treasure or a chance to blow up something else. But no it doesn’t lock you in if I remember correctly…I also had problems when I played.

Field of power.Yeah, learn from your mistakes now, so you can catch yourself when you start that section of the game…although my timeline is currently messed up as I have not played in awhile.

I still believe that the Field of Power should have been named the Field of Defense, because that’s all you do, defend stupid switches from even stupidier Yetis.

I still think that a dungeon named the Field of Power should have you killing obscene amount of shit.

I for one thought the Hoffman Ruins were easy… :0

Er, it’s been a while, what happens in the field of Power that locks you in?

There are switches you have to defend from Yetis. If you miss, it caves in. However, you don’t actually get stuck. There’s a way down - go on one of the cliffs and you can trigger an avalanche to bring you back to the start.

Yeah, but the game’s graphics make it almost freaking impossible to find that spot or something like that. I knew I couldn’t find it.

And wouldn’t, uh, get swallowed by an avalanche kill you?

That place was pretty easy to pick out…it’s this little cliff that juts out, though I never payed much attention first time round since it looks totally inconspicious. But to avoid that, yeah, set your battle positions to defend or whatever that one is (I can’t remember) and it’s too easy not to be beaten by the Yetis.