HO! Prozac doesn't work?!

Only in the form of fruits! >O Do you have any idea how many doctors earn huge extra money by promoting dietary supplements? It’s all one huge pharmaceutical conspiracy! waves cane :scream:

Dietary supplements don’t fall in the same category of pharmaceuticals :P. They have their own marketing machine and it works quite well. Unfortunately -_-.

What, pluck poor oranges from the trees?

Dietary supplements aren’t bad for you, are they? o_O I’ve been prescribed some for bunch for medical reasons, including one that says its ‘6,000% the daily recommended value’.

Dietary supplements can be bad for you. It depends which and how bad. Some aren’t. For example, taking too much vitamin C just makes for expensive urine (you pee it all out). Some dietary supplements can interfere with medications as well. If you have an actual deficiency, some supplements can be useful. Most people take supplements because they think that because its supposed to be good for them, more is better. Plenty of research has been done to demonstrate that is NOT the case.

So taking two vitamins instead of one won’t make you recover faster, or be healthier for you? That’s pretty much what I thought. Though I’m not worried - I probably need the supplements for the time being :stuck_out_tongue:

Be careful in particular with fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) as you can’t just pee these out. You might end up getting owned instead of becoming the buff hero you wanted to be :frowning:

Originally Posted by Cless Alvein
Be careful in particular with fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) as you can’t just pee these out. You might end up getting owned instead of becoming the buff hero you wanted to be :frowning:

Just like most everybody in professional baseball, and The Rock when he decided to take his acting skills to the movies.

Yeah, I’m taking prescription folic acid and thiamin for detoxification, and a multivitamin out of my own paranoia. The minerals are depleted from my body, so I’m not worried after what Sin said that its okay if there’s a real deficiency. I just have a tendency to overdo these things, taking twice what I’m supposed to, etc. Which is what I was worried about. And, coincidentally, this topic popped up here.

… I was mostly referring to eating apples and oranges. Some kids, though, get like, a million B-stuffs from all those energy drinks. I’ll stick with coffee.