Here we go again.

To Seraphim:

While I know that most are sick of VII, I just wish that they’d make a remake and then a game to finish the compilation off, and I’d be good. Actually, I’d be good with just Advent Children, but now Square has to finish what they started with the ‘compilation’.

As far as FF8 goes, the characters polygonal messes compared to FF9. My friends might settle for FF9’s graphics. I personally don’t care, but I like hanging with my buddies, and I want it to be enjoyable for them too. Most teens these days don’t remember ‘oldschool’ and won’t accept it.

Not that either game really needs a remake, but it’d be nice.

…How are ff8’s graphics “polygonal messes” in anyway? They are reasonably formed human beings. True, they may be a bit fuzzy still, but they are hardly block people. Also, i think you are incorrect in saying most teens don’t remember oldschool and won’t accept it. Might be more accurate to say pre-teens perhaps, but I’ve yet to meet anyone who wouldn’t try or like a game just because it has older graphics. If they like the game, graphics won’t matter. Of course with enough new games being made nowadays, people may just not feel like going through the archives for older games when they’re satisfied with what they have now.

To FF1 + 2: Give it a rest :frowning:

To FFVI: Yay FFVI Advance :smiley:

To FFVII: Upgrading the character graphics would be awesome, but not neccessary.

FFVII didn’t even use textures on character models outside battles, they were just very low polycount models that used vertex coloring. You really can’t get much more primitive then that when dealing with 3d graphics.

Hell the music video for Money for Nothing was more technologically advanced than FFVII’s field avatar models.

Well I remember when I was trying to get one of my friends, who happens to be older than me into FF8, and he saw a couple of screenshots, and was all “The graphics look like that?!” The pre-rendered backgrounds are pretty, yes, but…

if they remake they should totally remake the game and give one a new plot and fix the advancement system on 2