Help my computer has run out of internet!!!

God damn timeout. >_<

Anywho long story short I have a computer that can’t log into the internet because of a suspected virus eatting memory on my machine and I don’t know anything else about it except that it most likely attached itself to my machine while surfing some illreputable sites.

Can anyone help me?

Do you have an antivirus installed? If not, try <a href = “http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html”>avast</a>.

System Restore once cleared out a VERY nasty virus for me (not on my PC, however.)

Update: After trying to system restore as well as uploading some ADV anti-virus software I have been able to get onto the lowest speed lane of this infomation super highway ONCE. After that it was back to that old busy signal. And even though I could repeat the steps I took to reconnect again all I managed to achive was a repeat of the same results.

At this point I had some uber 3-1337 933k5 that I know to take a crack at it and hope for the best. Unfortunately, their best was to recommend a total system wipe. Fortunately, all of the computer functions not related to internet seem to be unaffected by this piece of malware so I’ve got one of them coming over tomorrow to back up my files. If all goes well I’ll be back by Thursday.

it’s not a virus.

windows key + r
cmd
ipconfig /release *
ipconfig /renew *

try again.

if it keeps up and you have a router, unplug the router and plug it back in.
if you have cable internet and the modem randomly reboots, call your provider and let them know it’s intermittent and to send someone out to take a look and/or replace it.

Oh! Sweet Jebus! It feels good to be on a keyboard again.

Anyways due to my carelessness with keeping up with Anti-virus software I had been skating on thin ice every time I surfed the web. Even getting sidetracked to one NSFW site could screw me over pretty easily, which unsurprisingly, it did. So I’ve spent over a month without a computer to work with (worked on it instead) nevermind the internet.

Finally got an outside source to help with the problem by downloading some anti-virus software onto the computer, and cleared the Trojan that was found off the computer (among other things). Unfortunately the damage had been done and the computer had a massive amount of memory taken up by something (I never found out if it was a leak sprung by the Trojan or simply massive blocks of random data that pulled an ancient Greek tactic on my proverbial computer of Troy).

Eventually it was decided that we were better off using the event as an excuse to upgrade to XP Pro (and I must say it looks spiffy). Of course as the old saying goes “It never rains. But it pours.”. And so I ended up spending the later half of July trekking across the US from California to the New York Highland, and even on into Deep Space (not literally, of course, I only passed through the NY Highland on my way to N Hamsta).

So after clearing the system (I was, at the very least, able to back up my files which now reside on my flash drive), ordering and installing XP Pro, corrupting a system file and crashing the system, and finally rebooting the system once more I’m finally able to effectively communicate what happened without having to keep my hand steady as I type a word in one minute or more or my spelling. I’m also now able to cut, paste, copy, look at page addresses, look at two or more pages at once, type walls of text, use flash, and so much more.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go and catch up on all that wonderful fan art that I couldn’t view before.

And now you’ve got anti-virus software that works?

In a word…Yes (for now of course I’m fairly certain I’ll need to upkeep the software every so often).