Heat Stroke

Kor told me it doesn’t get that hot in Santiago.
Okay, as for bearing heat… always when I play tennis in summer I wear a wet cap. It kind of is really comfortable, but you have to re-wet it every 10 or 15 minutes. Using that cap, I survived 5 hours playing tennis on a really hot day.

Buy an air conditioning unit :o~ it’s awesome, though suppose only if you can get it. Window fans work somewhat too.

Gel pads shouldn’t cost you too much about $20ish, usually should check a pharmacy place(Rite-aid or something) or shoe place.

http://www.footsmart.com/ProductList.aspx?productCategoryId=44

Er about ecology degrees, I would just check out colleges that you’ve heard of and check their websites or call them up and ask if they have ecology degrees. My high school had a couple bookshelves full of college catalogs in the counselor’s area.

Georgia has been surprisingly cool at around mid 80s most of the summer. Must be because we’ve gotten rain like four or five days a week since May.

I live in Boston. We have a saying, if you don’t like the weather, wait a minute. We get it all. In the winter it drops below 0 F and we get tons of snow. In the summer, it goes up to 100 F with humidity over 100%. So I have dealt with all types of weather.

Here are a couple tips to beat the heat. Most of the heat of your body escapes through your extremities. So to cool down, don’t cover them. Don’t wear hats. Take off your shoes and socks. Go barefoot as much as possible.

Your inner wrists are very sensitive to temperature for some reason. Take off your watch if you wear one. Rub ice on the inside of your wrists or run cold water over them. That should drop your core temperature, cooling your whole body. I like to get a big glass of ice water and press my wrists against it to cool myself off.

And of course you should drink cold water.

Hey, ever since I’ve gotten back from D.C. I realized how relatively cool our summer weather really is, so I’m not complaining :stuck_out_tongue:

Iraq. I win…well really I lose but still.

Much like your whining/Duh/Get a life

Choose the best one.

Move to Vancouver. :stuck_out_tongue:

What works for me is getting NAKED. Though honestly, I have the worst heat sensitive body (cold I can do just fine, but heat? no thanks) so I don’t know how that will work for you. <.<; You could also try buying a cheap fan and just pointing it at you. Drink ice water, also try sports drinks. They will help replenish lost salts from sweat, which could help with the headache.

You could also try shaving your head. Short hair is much cooler. :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

I only complain when My sweat soaked boxers, chafe too much… Thats on the legs between the testicels and Anus… painful.

BN
My mates had a water fight a last week

The worst is when you get batwings. Thats when your nuts stick to your inner thighs.

So frigging uncomfortable.

Guuuh. Heat. It should be illegal.

Oh yeah, did you see all the snow on Valentine’s Day? That was so cool…anyway, if it’s 98 degrees outside, why the heck are you going outside anyway? I mean, 98 degrees isn’t as bas as it could be over here in Texas, but I’m not going to go all gung-ho and act like it’s something shrug off. You don’t screw with the heat. I’d just stay indoors Eva.

Stay out of the sauna.

I just hope that hot weather isn’t so out of the ordinary in Canada that Eva doesn’t have air conditioning. My Dad’s learning how to repair air conditioning for a number of reasons, but I bet that the fact that those units have an affinity for breaking down in months that can seriously endanger your health, like August, has something to do with it. Here in Texas, you can get quite a bit of money off of fixing those things. Of course, you have to sit in burning hot attics that are cramped in such to get it.

Ah, well. Oh, and if you don’t have an air conditioning unit, you seriously need to get one.

Today:

Barometer: 29.83 inches Currently:
98°

CLEAR

July 22, 2005 11:57 a.m. PT
Relative Humidity: 38%
Wind: SW 4 mph
Daily Rainfall: 0 inches
Real Feel Temp: 106° F

Get Weather Alerts on Your Desktop!

Extended Forecast

Today 

Mostly sunny in the morning…then partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 93 to 98 in the western valleys to 98 to 103 near the foothills. Light winds becoming west 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of measurable precipitation 20 percent.
Tonight
Partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 68 to 76. Winds west 15 mph in the evening becoming light. Chance of measurable precipitation 20 percent.

There’s a measurable percentage of percipitation everyday-but it hasn’t rained since…uh…hmmm…May.

Drinking lots of cold water helps, even if it goes right through you. Don’t really go out in the sun, but if you go out, carry a water bottle.

Wear a hat, drink water and attempt to stay out of the sun. You can be really hot and stay out of the sun and be fine.

Eva, you’re a lightweight. Me, SE, Kor and WM deal with more heat than that in a daily basis. I don’t know about my comrades, but after tasting some temperate-zone cold a couple of months ago I’ve started loving equatorial heat even more.

Do as most people already said: drink lots of water, stay away from direct sunlight, etc. Plus take a lot of showers, and use sunscreen and sunglasses when going outside - specially if you venture outdoors close to noon.

Watch your skin closely. You’ll get a red, sunburnt skin rather than a farmer tan if you don’t. If it remains red even at night, hot and aching, use some hydrating lotion on it. One last very important thing: avoid thermal shocks.

If all these fail, you may move to the Land of The Ice And Snow, From the Midnight Sun Where the Hot Springs Blow!

The hammer of the gooooodss… (Sorry, I got carried away XD)

Or else, if you start enjoying the heat, you can always pay me a visit. Clicka..

I just try to stay inside, myself. The only times I ever brave the heat is when my friends are on a smoke break. And, even then, I try to stay in the shade, or near a fan.

Air conditioning.

It was 105 at my house today, but I wasn’t inside all day. I was helping my dad, brother, and other relatives tear down a building… which sucked.