Hang on

[GALLOWS POLE (Led Zeppelin)

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,
I Think I see my friends coming, Riding a many mile.
Friends, you get some silver?
Did you get a little gold?
What did you bring me, my dear friends? Keep me from the Gallows Pole.
What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

I couldn’t get no silver, I couldn’t get no gold,
You know that we’re too damn poor to keep you from the Gallows Pole.
Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,
I think I see my brother coming, riding many a mile.
Brother, you get me some silver?
Did you get a little gold?
What did you bring me, my brother, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?

Brother, I brought you some silver, yeah.
I brought a little gold, I brought a little of everything
To keep you from the Gallows Pole.
Yes, I brought you to keep you from the Gallows Pole.

Hangman, hangman, turn your head awhile,
I think I see my sister coming, riding many mile, mile, mile.
Sister, I implore you, take him by the hand,
Take him to some shady bower, save me from the wrath of this man,
Please take him, save me from the wrath of this man, man.

Hangman, hangman, upon your face a smile,
Tell me that I’m free to ride,
Ride for many mile, mile, mile.

Oh yes, you got a fine sister, She warmed my blood from cold,
She warmed my blood to boiling hot to keep you from the Gallows Pole,
Your brother brought me silver, Your sister warmed my soul,
But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging from the Gallows Pole

But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging from the Gallows Pole
Swingin’ on the gallows pole!](http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict)

Nothing good will come from this.

Agreed. A lot of organizations and neighboring countries are threatning to respond in nasty ways should the sentence be carried on. From diplomatic breakups to pure terrorism.

An attempt at a late October (early November) surprise so that we would vote Republican that not only didn’t work, but will end up fucking us in the ass. I love this country’s leaders. -_-

What? Was there ever any doubt?

I don’t understand why he’s being put to death. Ok, i do, but it seems to me like a better “use” for his trial would be to leave him alive to rot in a jail somewhere, as a reminder to Iraqis who would attempt to be a dictator like he was.

Also, hanging? Jesus O_o

SCENE: A darkened room filled with terrorists plotting to kill and maim. Suddenly, a young terrorist bursts into the room.

Young Terrorist: Ackmed, Ackmed! I just recieved word that Saddam Hussein has been found guilty in a court of law!

Ackmed: By Allah, that can only mean one thing… Everyone, pack your gear and go home, The insurgency is over. I’d like to thank all of you for your time and service to the cause, but democracy has won the day. As you leave, we will be handing out pamphlets on applying for a new job. Also on the way out, please remember to throw away your paper cups.

as the terrorists file out, the lights in the hideout all turn on

Ackmed: The electricity is back on! We can go on living now! Thank you George Bush! Thank you!

Sure, sure, go ahead and make him a martyr. That’ll help.

Of course. -.-

You would think people would beleive death would be to good for him and just leave him in some small dark cell somewhere. But killing him and making him a martyr, as Nul said, is much much better -.-

I must be in the minority when I see this as not such a bad thing.

Am I wrong in believing this to be the Iraqi "High Court"s first ruling? At least a big one, right? He was found guilty of a crime pretty much everybody knew he was guilty of already and was given similar punishment to those found guilty at the Nuremberg trials (at least I think so).

Martyr? Maybe. But so what? True, this will aggravate the situation in Iraq. But then again, what won’t?