Half-Life 2

I’m playing and ready to cream my pants.

I’m using a rather mid-range PC of:

1.5 GHz
512 RAM
9600 Pro

and the game runs almost flawlessly at the auto-detected quality levels. It occasionally chops at the beginning of save/loads and if things are really hectic, but in general it’s seamless, although I don’t know the FPS number. Also keep in mind that it uses on-board sound, so that the quality of your audio card won’t impact the sounds. Having a 5.1 or better system is key though, which sadly I don’t have.

By this winter I should have my computer running at:

2.5+ GHz (once I figure out a temperature problem on my system)
512 RAM
9800 Pro

and I can tell you guys of any comparative differences.

I mentioned the system specs to a group at EBgames while I was in Boise, and they said the specs were so low because of the time when the code was first developed, before the leak.

I was amazed when I read Directx 7, considering I had to get a new card to run DX:IW, so I could load Directx 9.

I have a better processor than you, but 256 ram and its choppy. I guess the RAM is key =(

Thanks Merl, that’s what I was looking for.

We should all get together and play counter strike!:smiley: Also, the game rocks (I just got up to Ravenholm, which seems to not be very far compared to all of you people >_>)

I run it on a:

1.7 GHZ Pentium 4
512 RAM
9600 PRO

But it’s kinda choppy for me, what are your video settings?

My laptop is

2.6GHz,
256 Ram,
40 gig HD
32MB ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

That seems higher than what some of you are saying. How well would it work on this?

I’d imagine that would work Okay, though more RAM would help.

I have a 3.4 GHz
2 gigs of RAM
Radeon 9800xt (a pro with 2x the videoram)

and the game runs at max settings minus AntiAliasing, 1280x960 resolution.

Edit: This runs with no slowdown ever, save for a small stutter at autosave points (all other forms of save, be it quick or manual, pauses the game for the process). I might soon try hitting AA on to a low setting and see how bad a hit I take.

Not very well =/

Ah, but mine is arguably better than Merl’s (I have no idea what my graphics card is like compared to his). I don’t need to be able to render every single flutter of a leaf in the wind. I just want to play it. >:E

The video Card is pretty bad though. 128 MB Cards are recommended. So, merl’s card is way better. 9600 pro is usually 128 MB or 256 MB.

With a 32mb video card, you aren’t playing it period.

The game runs quite well on lower end systems by all accounts. You won’t be getting all the glitz, but you’ll be playing. The differences in the game between Directx 8 and 9 aren’t all that profound, either.

P4 2.7
1 gig of RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128

Game runs fine at 1024x768, no AA or AF and all levels of detail and effects set to high. It also currently stands as the best FPS I’ve ever played.

Just finished it. Wow O_O

VALVe should be thankful they didn’t say ther wouldn’t be HL3. Quite a cliffhanger.