Half-Life 2 Thread

Who else is waiting for it? I am, and I’m thankful for having barely enough money even after buying my new computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m very much excited about this one. And after seeing the G4 preview of Halo 2, I can honestly say this game looks ALOT better… Halo2 needs some serious repolishing or texture work or somthing, cause it really doesnt look that much better than the original… >_>

But HL2, Hell yes. I want bug bait.

Ive got a job next weekend that should gimme the funds neccessary.

Quite psyched.

Out of fairness, the automatic sniper rifle is just plain cool and some effects (the lasers from Ghosts or plasma rifles) look better, but yeah, it does. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m psyched about that gravity gun in HL2. It looks to open up a lot of possibilities as far as puzzles go.

Is it a gravity gun or a magnet gun? Or are they both in there?

I’m really looking forward to it. I wasn’t really expecting it to come out until 2025, so I was pleasantly surprised when today a friend mentioned it was coming out this month.

I’m just worried my computer won’t be able to run it after looking at the screenshots. From what I know, it doesn’t use real mapping, so even if I can run it, my system’ll be put under a lot of stress.

I just got myself a Radeon 9800 Pro for the purpose of getting the DX9 effects in HL. I’ve got a better fan on the way for it so I’ll flash the BIOS and overclock it to an XT if I’ve got the R360 core. Should run HL2 quite nicely, it already works awesome for Doom 3 without being an XT.

Already have it preloaded =)