Got e-worms?

The worms of today

It’s funny how these are always hyped as end of the world viruses, but nothing ever seems to come from them and they fade within 2 weeks.

Eh, it’s just a desperate attempt to make you like, paranoid and stuff.

Of course, when it comes to security, especially e-security, nothing beats paranoia. =P

I wonder how many worms would survive if people would just remeber the basic rule:
Never download attatchments that you’re not expecting. And if you’re not sure, send a reply and ask about it before deciding.

Or we could just give all the worms bazookas, grenades and sheep.
And then we could watch them blow eachother to bits. :smiley:

Heh, I learned my lesson about never opening e-mail attatchments unless I know the sender a long time ago (make it like six years) when I crashes my dad’s computer.

Luckily all this worm does is (Or will be doing) is DoSing www.sco.com…which is actually kind of funny =)

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

Not true - It also opens a back door to your machine so it can be used for other DOS attacks, cracking of passwords, or whatnot.

But yea, that SCO thingie makes it a good virus :mwahaha:

Originally posted by Wertigon
Not true - It also opens a back door to your machine so it can be used for other DOS attacks, cracking of passwords, or whatnot.

/shrug - doesnt affect me, dont care =)

Originally posted by Frameskip
It’s funny how these are always hyped as end of the world viruses, but nothing ever seems to come from them and they fade within 2 weeks.

Worst comes to worst we all go on a magical RP to find the demon known only as “Sun” in the magical land called, “Outside.”

Originally posted by Devillion
Worst comes to worst we all go on a magical RP to find the demon known only as “Sun” in the magical land called, “Outside.”

Lies! All lies!!
It does not exist! It does not exist!! breaks down and cires

Originally posted by pokefreak_85
Or we could just give all the worms bazookas, grenades and sheep.
And then we could watch them blow eachother to bits. :smiley:

You forgot the concrete donkey :ah-ha!:

But yeah, I know what you mean, it’s kind of lucky that for every virus out there, there seems to be a hundred counter-measures… if it was so unsafe people worldwide would just be saying “ah, screw the internet”

Related to this note, I did a virus scan a week ago and my computer found nothing. I did one earlier today and suddenly I had 9, count them, 9, virsues and worms on this damn thing. So I had to reformat the whole fucking computer and I’ve only just this minute got it working again. Just goes to show you how quickly these things can sneak up on you.

Not a single one.

MyDoom Info and Fix.

Good thing I checked my e-mail with one of the school’s computers. I had an attachment sent from someone I didn’t know.:hahaha;

EDIT - Added second link