Good podcasts?

So killing is wrong, right? But is it still wrong to not CARE if someone dies? Because if Madonna and her ilk somehow got Falcon Punched into the great beyond, I’d feel a lot less bad than I would if it was someone else.

Just sayin’.

I started listening to NPR when I was in high school and I’ve been hooked ever since. There’s some really great shows on there. If This American Life or especially Wait! Wait! Don’t Tell Me are available on podcasts, I’d recommend anyone to download them. I’m one of those people who refuse to buy an IPod though, so I don’t listen to many podcasts - besides, I just listen to the show on the drive from school.

Prairie Home Companion requires… a bit of a “developed taste”. I don’t know, it’s just…difference. Not bad - just, well, if anyone has listened to it, you’ll know what I mean.

But I should note, that anything I say should only be taken with a grain of salt. The last recommendation I gave Cid was to watch Paranoia Agent a long time ago; which I recall, you hated.

If it is forbidden to listen to live music, isn’t recorded music is all right or is it a case of don’t trust the wiki?

Don’t trust the wiki. Most Orthodox people (at least everyone I know) lump recorded music together with live, although that’s not universal. But then again, practically nothing is in Judaism. :sunglasses:

Yeah, Paranoia Agent was not my cup of tea. I can see why someone might like it, but it really grated on me.

Is it wrong to hear it if you’re just innocently walking down the street though?

I don’t understand where people’s spirituality comes from anyway.

It’s a part of your identity. If there’s something you do that you wouldn’t give up for the world, I guess you could compare it to that.

But I shouldn’t lecture anyone on spirituality when it’s Easter Sunday and I’m not in Church.

If it happens when you’re walking down the street it’s not something you can control. This is a mourning custom, not a “do-this-and-your-soul-withers” rule.