Girls and Parfaits

Well, I’d tell you about one in particular that I know of (my gf is japanese) but there are some whiney bitches on this forum who throw hissy fits every time I bring her up. So in short, I’ll just say that they act as they want to and not as the steriotypical culture does. Its like this to me:
Being a pop culture whore is annoying as shit when you do it in america, yet people get some stupid satisfaction when being a poser who takes from the pop culture of another country. The difference is that they can say “oooh, I can say Kawaii and Arigato! I’m so cool!” but in reality they are just as bad as those kids who let Tommy Hilfinger or MTV tell them how to dress and act…

Wow I just found a good example of the whole parfait thing toda

ha…thats pretty awesome…and wtf is kawaii?

crinoalvien: It means ‘cute’ in japansese, I think.

Yeah, it means “cute”. It tends to be overused in conjuction with air-headed Japanese way-too-hyperly-happy schoolgirls and/or anime otakus over here. I agree that being able to use a few words you hear from anime in no way means that you have some kind of understanding of the language, but it happens often enough with anime fans in proximity to other anime fans (I’m not exactly excluded from this either).

i dont have friends who watch anime…cept one or 2 and only one of them is very into it, and he only sees what ive happened to find and put on cd for him

i dont have friends who watch anime…cept one or 2 and only one of them is very into it, and he only sees what ive happened to find and put on cd for him

Some could just be really used to the word kawaii

Also some know japanese pretty good. I personally took classes

Well, using japanese is one thing, but just replacing certain words in your vocabulary while still only knowing english makes you look stupid.

For instance:

“That boy is so baka I can’t stand to talk to him!”

“Ohh my gosh! That is the most kawaii little thing I’ve ever seen, I must get one!”

This is stupid, I hope those of you who that do this can step outside of your little dork shell for about 4 seconds next time you do that and realize that you arent sounding funny or cute in any way whatsoever, but instead are proving yourself to be really really annoying.

And as a side note: Japanese songs that have a few unorganized words in english in them also annoy me. A good spoof of this is the “Lets fighting Love” song from southpark…

OK.

Either way that’s what I think of when I think of girls in anime.

I wonder why the high school girls wear a different uniform. Some times the high school uniforms can look good, though

Different (Private) schools, different uniforms.

Yeah, but the Sailor senshii wearing high school uniforms defeats the purpose, cuz it aint look like Sailors

i think it’s funny how most of the girls act because they aren’t being natural and like girls . . . it’s what a girl is from the mind of some male cartoonist or writer. a lot of anime girls seem to fall into a weak catagory or seem to act more like guys than girls.

Azumanga Daioh captures japanese high school girls in their natural element.

I’m gonna make my girlfriend where a schoolgirl uniform. :hahaha;

At whict time she’ll aquire access to a hilariously oversized chibi-mallet that appears out of thin air. Make sure to take a picture of the large, yet comical lump on your head after she bludgeons you.

Schoolgirls are hot

Same goes for schoolboys… -_-

they are so teh utter hawtness^^ :stuck_out_tongue: