Getting some characters in Romancing SaGa3

Hi, I’ve been having some trouble getting some characters in RS3:

Snowman: When I first went to the Snowman Village and talked to him, my party was full, so I removed one of my party members, then returned to him. However, I didn’t get a Join option… So I figured I could just get the Ice Sword and the Ice Crystal while I was there… but even after I did that, I still have no option for him to join. (He says something like “You got the Ice Sword? Great!”)

Leonid: I got the Holy Grail, put it in storage, and made sure my party had one female (not Ellen), but again, I get no join option.

Fairy: I rescued her and then talked to her in the Fairy Village, but she doesn’t join (do I need to finish the Fire Palace first?)

Oh, by the way, my main character is Mikhail, if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Hmm, the Snowman, I believe you have to get before you try to get the Ice Crystal.

Have you checked the shrine?

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/rs3/

The way I learned to get most of the characters was by checking the walkthrough. Though, I used Julian. For some characters, other characters are unnaccessible, and others have to meet different requirements.

Ah, there’s this crazy variable that might actually be affecting you. If you’ve recruited a certain number of people and progressed a certain amount in the game (yeah, sorry about being vague, but it’s nearly impossible to tell how many characters you’ve had to have recruited and how many quests you’ve had to have completed), you’re no longer able to recruit people.

Usually Snowman will join once you get the Crystal- I think talking to him beforehand with only 5 people might affect it though I’m not sure.

The Holy Grail must be in your inventory for Leonid to join you.

You have to finish the Fire Palace before Yousei the Fairy will join you.

Yeah I was looking through the Characters page in the RPGclassics RS3 shrine…

Originally posted by Kagon
[b]Ah, there’s this crazy variable that might actually be affecting you. If you’ve recruited a certain number of people and progressed a certain amount in the game (yeah, sorry about being vague, but it’s nearly impossible to tell how many characters you’ve had to have recruited and how many quests you’ve had to have completed), you’re no longer able to recruit people.

Usually Snowman will join once you get the Crystal- I think talking to him beforehand with only 5 people might affect it though I’m not sure.

The Holy Grail must be in your inventory for Leonid to join you.

You have to finish the Fire Palace before Yousei the Fairy will join you. [/b]

Oh there’s a cap on the number of characters you can recruit? Darn… I was looking forward to having Snowman in my party…
And Leonid too (I tried with the Grail in my inventory right after I got it, and in storage)… I’ll try again for Leonid…

Thanks about the Fairy though, I haven’t finished the Fire Palace yet.