Getting a Mexican Redleg afterall...

So yes, it’s yet another spider thread from yours truly.

I had my heart set on a Mexican Red Rump (Brachypelma vagans) as my 3rd and last tarantula. Since it required more humidity than a Mexican Redknee and Mexican Fireleg, I had to make a quick decision. I prefer desert species since it is much easier to keep tabs on mold and mites. So I have chosen a Mexican Redleg in its stead. This particular species is reputed to live nearly 40 years, if not more.

I’ve always preffered desert species since they are much easier to care for. My Fireleg is in heavy premolt and should molt within the next week. I cannot wait to see my oldest girl in a brand new suit !

I shall happily post pictures of her when I receive my Redleg in about a week from now. Since I do not feel like taking risks with unsexed, I’m getting a comfirmed female of 2".

Hey I know this thread is about spiders, so I decided that I would share with you a bunch of songs about spiders or that have the word spider in them. I don’t really like all these songs or whatever but I do like music. What other songs are there with the word spider in them or about spiders?

Holy redundancy, Batman !

You could tell I was a bit hammered when I posted that. I was merely celebrating my upcoming acqusition and as usual, things got a bit out of hand. I think I need to choose between alcoholism and arachnoholism. I do believe I’ll stick with the latter addiction :stuck_out_tongue: Not to say I’m an alcoholic, I have no desire to become one given I see a lot of those where I work at and it’s not pretty at all. I mean people who buy their booze daily, and they become so dependant upon it that their hands litterally shake when they hand me change. I’m thankful my job keeps me from making my drinking a daily habit. I usually save it for the weekends. Rarely will I drink during the middle of the week, even on a day off.

Anyways, these are some neat songs. The Spider Man theme really brings back chilhood memories.

On the topic of spider songs, these are relevant:

Edit: Just want to show this guy who has an amazing collection. 130+

I’ll stick with my 3 :slight_smile:

Somewhat more on topic, I know a guy at work that has like five different snakes, a huge ass lizard (forgot what kind) and a rottweiler. He’s scared of tiny little spiders, though. Like he will run away from them.

Spider of Destiny by FZ. Nice little song.