Gas hits 3.00/gallon in Chicago

<a href=“http://goodoldays.ytmnd.com/”>And this was only five years ago :&lt;/a>

I think I’ll just move to a small town and ride a bike everywhere. That’d be cheaper.

A few cents, cause I’m in China, and China sucks up all the world’s resources together with the states, and we rock.

You lucky sod, it’s USD$1.70 a litre, or USD$6.42 a gallon, here in Norway. I’m glad I don’t drive.

It’s at 112,4 on the South shore of the St-Lawrence. Just like Wal said.

If this happens, the price of gas at the pump will jump even more:

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/cgi-bin/news/newsbrief.plx?id=2248288056&fa=1

Caracas, Venezuela (AHN) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez threatens to cut off oil exports to the United States, after tensions between the two countries mount.
During a recent speech in Caracas, President Chavez denounced the “aggressive” actions of the U.S. government against the South American country, threatening that Venezuelan oil “instead of going to the United States, could go elsewhere.”

Current estimates say Venezuela exports almost 1.3 million barrels a day to the United States.

Man I can understand being upset with US Policies, but Chavez’s paranoia is straight out of a Thomas Pynchon novel.

England is a Great place to that. It will take me less than 3 hours to get to either Manchester or Liverpool, if I was in better shape. I can get to though 3 Villages in 30 min by walking, I’ve done it several Times.

Big Nutter
I do Love the Free for Life bus card.

It’s about a dollar a liter here, but it’s been so for years now, and will not go up, because almost 100% of the oil used here comes from here. In fact, in a few years, we might even be able to export oil.

Plus Brazil is producing this oil-alcohol mix and due to increasing sugar plantations may be able to cover even more with alcohol. That’s really an awesome way to get gas :smiley:

My dad’s starting to use Vegetable oil in our car (it’s a diesel) >.>

On the next Christmas wish list everybody should add few shares of a major oil company :wink:

I came across this site a couple of years ago. It’s an interesting and kind of a scary read.

Civilization as we know it is coming to an end soon. This is not the wacky proclamation of a doomsday cult, apocalypse bible prophecy sect, or conspiracy theory society. Rather, it is the scientific conclusion of the best paid, most widely-respected geologists, physicists, and investment bankers in the world. These are rational, professional, conservative individuals who are absolutely terrified by a phenomenon known as global “Peak Oil.”

Scary… I wonder how much of it is true.

God this crap is crazy.Here its about $3 for premium.That about the most expensive I ever seen gas prices rise.And it sucks for me since I do drive.Im not really fond of riding in the bus, so Id rather drive even if I would probably have to sell a kidney eventually.