Garfield

Yeah I saw it. It was boring if occasionally amusing. It’s good for the kids though. My 6 year old brother enjoyed it. Yay siblings.

If you’re referring to the cartoon show “Garfield and Friends”, yes that was really quite a cute show.

It used to be my fav when I was around 8 or 9.

Hooray for Odie.

No, the new Garfield movie. It exudes suck. Comic strips are not meant to be made into movies. Well, Charlie Brown is cool, but that’s it.

Call me a purist, but I don’t think that comic strips should be changed into live-action movies. Comic books, with Spiderman, et all, on the other hand, are slightly different in that they have more of a plot rather than just a situation comedy kinda thing going on.
They should’ve kept it in animated format. =\

Anyone seen the ‘Baby Blues’ animated series [WB produced]? It’s a real trend bucker, as in it’s better than the comics from which it originates.

Because someone had to post it.

I saw the trailer last night when I went to see shrek 2. I hate judging a book by its cover (or a movie by its trailer, for that matter), but it looked awful.

garfield was alright 10-20 years ago, but now I think it has outlived any hope of humor.

The movie looks crappy and the comic strip is bearable, but for the most part i agree with that link.

I do read Garfield. It’s not great, but here are worse comic strips out there. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to see the movie. There are just some many things wrong I don’t know where to start.

My favorate part of the Garfield movie, is when he turned into a werewolf and faught Dracula

Got old.

I liked the part where Garfield and Odie hid inside a giant wooden horse they built, and then murdered all the Trojans.

I hate Funky Winkerbean and For Better Or For Worse. Garfield’s good compared to that.

If anyone else has read a comic strip called Mutts, I have pity for you. At least Garfield tries to have a punchline; Mutts has nothing like that.

If you have the courage, take a look for yourself.

The best comic strip out there today is Get Fuzzy. All others pale in comparison.

brunswick.keenspace.com

Actually, Classic Garfield (his early years) was rather funny. However, the jokes dried up after ten years, and we’ve been getting the same thing every day since.

Get Fuzzy kicks every other comics ass. Non Sequitor is usually funny and Over The Hedge is pretty good.

“Pearls before swine” is really awesome too, if your paper gets it.