Gaming burnout?

Do you experience a gaming burnout at all? Where you go through so many games in succession and then just don’t really feel like playing anything? I just got through four games in a month, and now I’m having a hard time committing to anything.

After playing for hours on end, I sometimes get burned out…but then I eventually go right back after a day or so.

When you say “go through” I assume you mean complete a series of games then get fed up… For me it’s more like I start a ton of games and end up in the middle of a bunch of em not knowing what’s going on then I kinda get fed up for a while. I guess it’s always best to play one game straight through (even if you get stuck heaps) and finish it… for the most satisfaction!

This is exactly why I go thru only one game at a time- to avoid burnout. I also tend to alternate the type of games, for example I played Final Fantasy VII (a pretty dark game) right after Super Mario RPG (which definitely wasn’t!)

They’re both Japanese role playing games. The only difference is the subject matter. Now if you had gone from SMRPG to like, Alan Wake, that’d be different. And I do make it a point to only go through one game at a time. I went through 4 in a month. Hence the burn out.

To be fair, SMRPG does require you to press more than one button and to even have timing so he probably wanted to relax on a game that’s almost as easy as FFVI.

Having a set schedule helps. I got Fallout 3 last Christmas (and I haven’t touched it in so long I don’t even remember what to do in the storyline.

I play RPGs mainly for the story; therefore if I play too many similar ones in a row, I get burnt out. So far, I haven’t burnt out on the play itself (though some games are definitely easier than others.)

Yeah, it happens to me after a while. I usually just try and focus on something else.

Usually, it culminates when I get 90% through a game and never finish it.

It happens to me as well, but I can kind of tell what games I’ll play so much that I get a little burnt out. Like, I played Mass Effect 2, then went and bought ME1 and played through it. After that I was a little burnt out, especially on shooting things. So I tend to purchase games with that in mind.

Only really happens to me with RPG’s. I didn’t put down Parappa 2 until I beat all four difficulties; I didn’t dare touch KH2 until I beat everything on Hard in Gitaroo Man, skipped class one day to finish up Alien Hominid, etc. I’m having trouble wanting to both find the time and use my free time to play Pokemon White right now as it is, and I still need to finish up my GRADE-grind run on Tales of Symphonia. Although ToS was an exception to me when I was doing a full-out Maniac run with only 2x EXP and a few small knick-knacks; I was Hooked.

I’ve been burnt out ever since I got a PS3…get it?