Gamecube fans, take heed

hmmm…:hmm:

Wee!.. Now if I was only good at stealth games. I’m far too impatient for them usually.

But I did get MGS1 for a friend, I just haven’t started it since I’ve been playing FF8,9 and tactics.

Don’t worry. Your stealthiality pays off with a series of rousing boss battles, including, but not limited to:

A battle where if you accidentally step into or shoot the middle, you’ll trigger C4 and destroy everything
A battle against a Sherman tank
Against a HIND
Against a Harrier
A battle against a vampire, where if you accidentally fall in the water you drown cuz there’s no buoyancy
Metal Gear (duh)
Some freakish rail-gun wielding witch
Another freakish witch accompanied by marrionette golems made of human organs, oh and she can see in the dark
Big fat Russian with a flamethrower
Some aboriginal guy with a gigantic boomerang and a crow
Big fat mad bomber (called Fatman, appropriately) that places C4 during your battle; fail to disarm it, you lose. Oh, and he rollerskates?

don’t forget the telepathic dude in MGS1 ^^ The way to defeat him is quite fun… but what about that witch with golems?

Odds are that substance will come out on gcn when twin snakes does. And I was having a debate with a friend of mine today about whether or not twin snakes will go multi-platform. I think that there’s not even a chance as it’s being developed by Nintendo second party Silicon Knights under advisement of Miyamoto (along with Kojima, of course). He thinks that since Konami is publishing it and because they published the original, they could do whatever they want. I think that’s just nonsense, and that’s exactly why we didn’t get DW4 here (cause Heartbeat went out of business, so Enix couldn’t publish it, even though they made the original game, they didn’t own the source code).

Drak: Marionette Owl. She’s in MGS for GBC. She has two marrionettes that are made of various parts of people (dead people, obviously…at least I hope) She also has great night vision. During the battle, you need to use your night vision or IR goggles, cuz there’s no light. Worse, she tends to throw flashbangs, blinding you anyway. >.<

one tough witch…

hmm, maybe a new question concerning those of you who’ve played the MGS games: Which boss in the entire series of Metal Gear Solid did you guys find the most hard to defeat?

I found that Fatman was quite challenging on hard and extreme =)

The GCN just keeps getting cooler and cooler

Dude, Fatman is easy. I mean, a 400 pound blubberbutt on in-line skates is a disaster waiting to happen. Punch his lights out, M9 him in the face after that, rinse and repeat.

I don’t care about getting a re-release of MGS1 when I have the original MGS1 with me back home. runs home, hugs his two MGS1 discs, then runs back to school Now if MGS3 is a Gamecube exclusive…eyes glow red

And the only boss I can remember having REAL trouble on was Vulcan Raven in MGS1. HE JUST FUCKING NEVER STEPPED WHERE I WANTED HIM TO!!!

The hardest boss for me were the multiple rays from the end of MGS2, more a survival battle than anything, IMO.

The best boss was definitely mantis, he was so unique, so clever the way he manipulated things (The “Hideo” screen, anyone? :wink: ) And the way he read your memory card was class :slight_smile:

RAY Battle=Mindless Stinger City, fire and run, fire and run

If the Twin Snakes is remake of MGS1 with extra stuff, I don’t think I could possibly complain. Especially since I actually liked MGS1 better than MGS2, at least in terms of storyline and characters. MGS2 had the FAR better graphics and such, but damnit… Psycho Mantis, Raven, Sniper Wolf, they were cool. Every time I see Fatman or Vamp is mentioned (he’s not called Vamp caues he sucks blood ya know), I just shake my head and sigh :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I agree with others in saying, I’m proud to own a Cube.:victoly: