fucking desktop

So I was surfing the net last night when all of a sudden my comp got attacked by a load of pop ups, the computer began to slow down considerably, firefox closed and wouldn’t re-open, and my scheme changed. So I disconnected from the internet, ran spybot, adaware, and AVG.

Fixed most of these problems, but now for some reason the damn computer randomly decides to reboot, and upon doing so it says something about win 32.

edit: It says “Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close.”

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894391#top

Maybe that’ll help.

That didn’t get rid of it unfortunately. This pops up too: Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher Service terminated unexpectedly. Then a count down timer of one 1 minute begins.

Ideas? >_>

Looks like one of your essential service files got owned.

At this point I’d suggest saving your files and doing a reformat, then making use of Spybot’s immunization feature.

Do a windows repair. I HATE Formatting. It takes way to long, if you do a repair it should fix your problems

You might also try putting in your windows disk and run sfc /scannow, but this typically only works if you are missing files

Just my 2 cents I’ve repaired problems like this for nearly 5 years…

Yeah, that definitely looks like something vital got boned.

As a really desperate blind-shot measure, see if you can spot any strange process in the Task Manager. If you don’t know what to look for, you could just google each name one by one and check what they are. If you’re really lucky, it may be something moderately superficial that can be ripped off through some specific method, which you can also usually find out by googling.

Basically, hope it’s some really sturdy spyware that wasn’t detected by Spybot or AVG and is interferring with vital processes; wouldn’t be the first time, especially since some types of malware can effect your anti-crap measures themselves if they get deep enough.

Though failing that, it’s the good ole backup + informatic enema for you.

Thanks for the help guys. I just backed up what was important from it, and went to reboot and format, but when it booted back up, I got the fucking blue screen of death. My luck as of now = out

Bsod on a fresh install? My first suspicion is that the memory has gone bonkers. You should test it with e.g. Memtest+.

what bsod error do you get?

So apparently I only get the bsod if I put in the recovery discs or try to start a system recovery. I can still boot it up normally but it constantly gets pop ups and “errors.”

I’ll try the SystemRescueCd as soon as I get the chance.

hawk: I’ll let you know next time it pops up

Ok, so I finally have a little time coming up to fix this shit (I’m a hell of a procrastinator).

This is what comes up:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o
f 0x00000080 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Did you run Memtest?

I’ll have to burn another CD and try it again. Last time it didn’t do much when you walked me through it, remember?

Oh, right. I have the memory of a goldfish. I’d try and reinstall the OS using different CD’s.

…such as? >.>;;