FUCK EVERYTHING

Alright, well that is pretty bad.

You know, it’s occurred to me that without Inafune, I can’t imagine them doing MML3 well. We just might have gotten off the hook. But yeah, I really don’t feel the need to ever give Capcom any of my money ever again.

(With regards to D-lowercase-m-C, I’ve seen a gameplay-trailer, and it at least looks pretty good like the DMC we all know and love. But the protagonist is still Emo Douchebag Dante, who is a Gary Stu who is identical to Ninja Theory’s art director, who said that he thinks that the old version of Dante isn’t cool and the new version is.)

HOLY SHIT he does look like the new version, I saw the last trailer and besides the emo look, it did not look like a bad action game so I’m hoping it’s good.

As for the rumor it seems it was false, Capcom denied the acusations.

Arcade was $14.99 (to download) for 4 new characters, balance tweaks, and a new system where you can follow players, auto-download their replays, and set up your own replay channel. I think that’s pretty reasonable.

Super Street Fighter IV retailed at $39.99 and was a different game than SFIV (which sucked). It offered 8 new chars and many other things, but I wasn’t happy about the price here. I only bought Super because Vega (Claw) got a huge buff and I didn’t get much playtime out of vanilla (I preordered the collector’s edition).

Overall, I feel as though I got my money’s worth out of the series, because I’ve played SSFIV much more than any other title on the PS3. In the future however, I won’t be preordering again, and I will wait for the tiers to be released before I buy. And if Vega is not in the game or sucks, I’ll buy it used, if at all.

Much of this discussion can be attributed to Activision and Call of Duty. But to stay on topic, I haven’t bought a Capcom game in years. I think the last one was Lost Planet (who said that was good, by the way, that game was really bland) and I was pretty dissatisfied, I didn’t even play half of it. Fighting games aren’t really anything that interests me too terribly, although I did buy the new Mortal Kombat, which is awesome. But I read that article when it came out (the Inafune one) and I was a little appalled at the lack of creative control over there. I’ve never been a big Capcom fan, but reading that article made me realize why. Besides Resident Evil, I can’t think of a good Capcom idea in years.

Keiji Inafune has great things to say about how Capcom is managed as a company and I think some of the articles cited in this thread further demonstrate how disconnected from reality Capcom’s upper management is. Before he quit, he actually had to lie to management about the games he was making and when they found out he had already spent a few million, they were forced to publish it to make back some of the spending. <3 This was a consequence of how only a small % of funding was allowed to go towards anything that wasn’t a sequel of a sequel of a sequel.

Wow. In another news, Piros the 3rd says he wants to do MML3 if Capcom won’t.

For those not into .hack, Piros is Hiroshi Matsuyama’s nickname/self-insert avatar. He’s also famous for being rather… Willy Wonka-ish.

I don’t know what to think of the odds of them letting Megaman go to some other studio, but this could be really awesome if it actually happens.

Frankly I’d love to see Megaman move over to a different company at this point. Maybe they could do that third ZX game as well.

But to get back on topic, guess which series Capcom wants to run into the ground now.

YES! Please bring back Darkstalkers. I was disappointed that the PS2 collection never made it to NA… Here’s hoping at the very least for some PSN Darkstalker additions.

I’m genuinely scared that a new Darkstalkers game will play too radically different from the other ones. Darkstalkers 3, the one that people still play these days, is so drastically different from any other fighting game in its different features, and even the way familiar things like fireballs are handled. I can totally see Capcom missing the point after releasing Street Fighter 4, which is supposed to play and feel just like Street Fighter 2 (hint: not even close).

While not pertaining to Capcom’s latest shenanigans, for all you early 3DS adopters out there, this post’s for you!.

For the rest of us…:smugyoshi:

(At least, until this get’s discredited as a rumor.)

Edit: This may be related

Well, there it goes. 3DS gets price cut and early adopters (Ambassadors…) get 20 free games, out of which 10 games will not be available for the rest of the user base.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=about&submenu=ctr-gi-amb-program-what-is

Got mine last week and been having a blast, … well a small racket, at least, with the features. If there were more users, I’d get more kicks out of the Mii games and the 3D Pokedex… Apparently, the success of Dragon Quest IX’s passing system went on to live in the hardware itself.

In case anyone got the system… FC: 3609-1196-5225

Yea, it’s shit.

GODDAMMIT SQUEENIX!!!

Why in fuck’s name did you have to make DQX into an MMO on the fucking Wii? :fungah:

Oh great, there goes my DQ run. Besides, a Wii MMO?

My reaction upon reading this thread: http://youtu.be/Gb4eZ7Z5yk8

It isn’t a Sega product until they torpedo hell out of it.

WAY TO FUCKING GO SEGA!!! :thud:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/26/fire-emblem-will-be-the-first-3ds-game-with-paid-dlc/

Look Nintendo. I get it. You want to get on with this thing called the “Internet”. But do you really have to start with a series I actually like to try out this new fangled ‘paid DLC’ stuff? Well as long as the offers are worthwhile and not horribly overpriced and…goddammit. :fungah:

Oh well, at least I don’t have to worry about it for the same reason I don’t worry about FEDS2. :bowser:

Hey, I had no clue they were making a new Suikoden game…

…and since it’s another AU like Tierkreis, I will now proceed to not give a shit.

Worse still is that the plot according to that video can be summed up as “Anime lead leads a party of 108 Monster Hunters.”. This game is hedging its bets on the Suki playstyle being awesome enough to carry an entire game despite the fact that the Suki playstyle never really did anything more than making the handling of 108 recruits manageable (a feat in of itself given how hard it was for Chrono Cross to manage).