From the furthest banks of time...

DUBOL
FUJJ
CAIIIIIKK!!!

ahahaha, oh god i remember that.

How about the ToB, and how every poll ended up:
NAKED LESBIAN TWINS

how about the day that Sir Percival talked in Old English for 2 days and nobody could tell what the fuck he was saying?

The Manatee Thread, and the most unlikely flame war of Astral vs Mazrim.

The forum being completely wiped out in like 02 or early 03 was it? Some big ass brutal hack that destroyed everything and, among other things, led to a new Year Zero (for lack of a better term) for this forum.

The TOWER.

Dark.

When Flintedge was actually called Flintedge.

And I’m sure more will flood back soon enough…

The admins wouldn’t change my name back. :frowning:
(Which is understandable, I only asked like three times.)

Aww, but Merl, it’s how we show that we love you.

I remember being VERY stupid early on. PN. If you don’t know what that stands for than you don’t want to know. I was a gigantic attention whore, wheras I’m only a little bit of one right now.

I remember the Tower of Babel and its subsequent destruction. Unfortunately, I was only here for the EZBoards so I didn’t get to see any of the Jim drama that happened. Then again, maybe that’s for the best.

There, there Merlyn.

Here, just to be fair Merl, even though he hasn’t been around I’ll do this for you so somebody can share your pain…

Pulls another rope and a ton of bolas fly at Kagon, wherever he is

I don’t know why, but I found that very satisfying…

Anyway, it wasn’t on the main boards, but my most memorable moment when I was newbie was I intruded on a duel between Val and Hunter. I guess after Val chewed me out I got even when I won the whole “Bahamut’s better than Alexancer” poll.

And I’m still telling you, Xero, Alexander would kick Bahamut’s ass!

Ahem. But anyway.

I remember a lot fo stuff. Unfortunately, my memories are similar to GG’s and ROuntree’s, in that I was a colossal dumbass at the beginning. groan I can’t believe all the shit I pulled in Babel… I blame my mental instability on that.

:hint: Grain of sand in the desert.

There’s always the silver lining that you weren’t a colossal dumbass who got permbanned.

Thinking about old stuff got me thinking about people too, Geo, MannyD, Bahamut, Blizzard, unfortunatly beyond those my memory for names works as intended, or rather works poorly as usual.

I remememememember a few things. Quite a bit of what has been mentioned rings church bells: Dark, Tower of Babel, pianos, EZBOARD, zero in a dress, flintedge being flintedge, percival talking in old english(uh when did he stop?), lots of things. I think my fondest memory was the Tower of Babel, because even though it got really bad really fast, I had some good times in there, and i remember quite a few quality posts, made by myself! pancakes can’t fly kites!!!

I’m pretty sure i was annoying n00b back then, a lot of people here were at one time, only exceptions are the people who were hear before ezboard even.

*edit: oh man!!! i forgot, the Sabin thread!!! COUCHED POTATOES!!

I’ve forgotten absolutely everything that happened before 2005. I think my brain wants to protect me from bad influences.

JOE SIXPACK
I was only in the chat when the sabin stuff happened, so I just heard/saw anything in the chat about it =\

you american joe sixpack your media has mind controled you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >:E

Sabin. The man, the legend.

I love how his SECOND post in that thread was a huge flame. How did that thread not get locked instantly?

It had great potential that was seen by the great mods we have here.

Really? I can change your name if you want.

I remember back when I made this cheesy sprite comic loosely based on RPGClassics with lots of anime-inspired cheap plot twists and nonsensical story arcs. I’m glad that didn’t last beyond the first year.

…wait…