FMA: Brotherhood

Except that I’m pretty sure they’re going to change things slightly along the way to emphasize other aspects than they already have… I dunno, I don’t see the problem.

If they do, fine. Jesus, I just felt the episode was rushed and lacked the impact of the original anime’s :P. It’s not like I’ve said it was bad or complained about the first two episodes (which I enjoyed). of course I’m going to be comparing it to the original anime as it goes along, if they’re remaking it then they better have a reason to, but that’s just natural.

Right, but I still feel that the point of the episode was more to show that they really are going to be sticking to the manga version far more closely than before rather than going for the drama. In fact, aside from the Cornello fight, everything from that episode was lifted straight from the manga. And the only reason that the episode felt like pointless filler was due to the fact that the main purpose of the chapter in question was to introduce the Elric Brothers to the viewer (there are also a number of other important developments that stem from the Liore event which is why they couldn’t skip it entirely). This version however already did that in the last two episodes (especially the second episode since it covered events that were not elaborated upon until after the Rush Valley arc, which again helps to speed things along since there are a number a flashbacks that occur throughout the series until the event covered in episode 2).

NINA! ;_;

;_;

Agreed… ;_;

But liked how they did this episode… and also throwing in that bit about the mining town, and Yoki. So you know what happened with them, without them having to redo that episode as well

And my i say once more… Nina ;_;

Now in this one I really did feel like they improved significantly on the last version. For all the added screentime Nina got in the first anime, it really didn’t do much more than to establish her as an innocent little girl (which we already knew), and I always thought they had fucked up the important scene pretty bad: Ed figuring out what was wrong from the moment the scene starts, him stopping his rampage to explain to Al (seriously, how naive were they trying to make him?) what was going on, and the reaction towards Tucker being one of standard “how could you?” anger instead of horror at the “we’re not so different” comment (Which is something that keeps nagging at him for a while after). Oh, and Ed nearly killing him when he goes batshit. That was nice.

But above all: Scar doing him in immediately. Thank you Scar, thank you. Goddamnit, ManBearChimeraTucker was SO fucking not needed. I don’t even know what the hell they were trying to do dragging his shit for so long. By the end of it, you no longer even gave a crap about the guy so long as he stayed off screen.

Also… I kinda feel sorry for Basque Gran now, he’s actually a pretty nice guy in the manga for as long as you see him. At least he got a death scene now :confused:

I don’t remember seeing much if any of Basque Gran in the manga but that could simply be due to the fact that I haven’t read up to that far yet (I’ll get there with the anime assuming it goes that far).

As for the episode itself I’m going to wait until it shows up on Funimation’s site but otherwise…

Originally Posted by Crotanks
NINA! ;_;

:bowser:

You only hear his death being reported at first, but he shows up much later during the Ishval War flashback.

Saw episode 8 today. Not that I need to mention how faithful its been to the manga but things are moving along fairly quickly (not DB Kai quickly but then again there was significantly less meandering in FMA than DBZ to begin with).

As for the next episode: HUGES! ;_;

The pace is still swift, but I imagine it will soon slow down a bit. But I don’t know if Huges’ death will happen in the next episode, probably more like Episode 10. If it happens in the next episode it’ll be at the very end (though, come to think of it, it was the same way in the original series).

I’m surprised they reached this point so fast, I was thinking it would be more like episode 12 or 13. They’re upon the ‘split’, and have already shown things that were altered in the original series, Marcoh, Barry the Chopper. Once Izumi and Greed are brought in it will essentially start to be a new series entirely.

Um… why are the episodes no longer available on FUNimation’s website? 8-(

I think it’s related to the cancellation of the One Piece simulcast.

I believe FUNi has brought down all their streaming series in order to try and tweak their security. All signs point to them putting them right back up as soon as they’re satisfied.

The OP Simulcast, though, that’s uncertain.

So in the meanwhile where can I go to view the latest episodes? I haven’t seen a episode since 8.

For now, just youtube and the torrents. FUNimation has a youtube site where they are also uploading the FMA episodes, but they are weeks behind and only up to Episode 6.

They say they’ll have their video portal up again once they fix (ie: Add) the security. Though it’s been awhile since they’ve had any updates on that.

Mostly that’ s because most people don’ t realize how many skills they do have. If you have office skills, for example, you may be able to find work as a virtual assistant. If you have transportation you might try mystery shopping , although it can.

Well I FINALLY watched episode 9 yesterday on Hulu since Funi’s STILL down.

I was wrong. Huges didn’t die in this episode. In fact I think they took the episode at a more normal pace than the rest of the series has been going so far.

(Also: Brofisting for the lol!)

Shit, I’ve forgotten to keep an eye on this! Better change that!

You should try and keep up since they are just starting to get to some of the new stuff, with very different go at the Rush Valley episode.

I must admit although they put a lot into that episode, there was only one part that I felt seemed rushed. That was the bit where Winry tells Paninya to stop being a thief. It was a kinda “Oh why didn’t I think of that… alright I’ll do it that way then.” Just felt rushed though. Rest of the episode was good.

Personally, I’m enjoying this series just as much as the first FMA. I’ve watched up through episode 7 on Hulu and there seems to be more of a focus on the smaller going-ons than the original. I haven’t read the manga, so I’ll take your word that’s it’s closer to the story line.

There are some scenes, though, that look like they were just copied from the first FMA. They still work just fine, it just seems a little sloppy.