First comic I made (not sure where to put this so please move it wherever it goes)

I cant really say anything that hasnt been said…its not bad actually…just go for some backgrounds and a plot…

And try to make the plot something everyone hasnt seen before…megaman sprite comics are waaaaaaay overused…

The only megaman original sprites I’ll use is X and Zero, but you won’t see them in the main comic, only in the fillers. As I have said (many times) the backgrounds will be on the comic only when the main adventure starts.

uhh, was it supposed to be funny? Cuz it wasn’t.

Below average so far. I’ll keep watching though. Don’t give up if you really think you can make it into something special.

“special” being a keyword here. “Why the fuck should people read my comic as opposed to any of the other multitudes of comics online?” is a question people should ask themselves before starting one of their own.

I didn’t exactly plan to make it funny. (Maybe the fillers but…) Its more an adventure. I still need a bit more time before starting the real thing.

You want comments from other webcomic authors? http://webcomic.net/forums/ . You’ll get bashed beyond belief.

1. Don’t just draw lines from your text bubbles to your characters. Draw triangles.

2. Don’t use sprites. Please, for the love of god. 99% of Sprite Comics suck, the other 1% Rock, and don’t use Megaman, or Final Fantasy, or Zelda sprites (With the exception of 8-bit).

3. Get some frikkin backgrounds. Even if it’s just a simple floor and backdrop like Bob and George does, IT’S BETTER THAN A SHEET OF WHITE!

Originally posted by Xelopheris
2. Don’t use sprites.

Yes, Xelo would know this rule. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cala
Yes, Xelo would know this rule. :stuck_out_tongue:
I stopped that quite quickly. Besides, I was in the 1% According to the webcomic network community.

I liked the first three, the ones with Zero in them were just eh.

Well, I just updated the comics, and now Zero’s gone. Happy?

Hey, Emeraldgigas, keep this little point in mind:

There’s MILLIONS of people online. Odds are SOME would love your stuff and others will HATE it…

…REGARDLESS OF ITS ACTUAL QUALITY.

Point: Make stuff the way YOU like it. After all, you’re the one who has to actually go thru the work of MAKING it. Listen to other people’s advice, if you’re worried about making it more likeable to a bigger audience. But NEVER let other people’s comments discourage you. OK?

And I’m one of those who found it funny, BTW.

Good luck.

I’m not the type to get discouraged by just hearing other people hating it. But I do like it when others like what I make, thanks. I am actually looking for other characters. I am even willing to make cameo appearances.

Originally posted by Tenchimaru Draconis

<li>Just… don’t godmode, even if you are the author</li>

I may be the author, but I don’t do godmode. He’s just very powerful. Just see the way he defeats Zero. There’s nothing godly about that.