Final Fantasy XIII should be with a black mage

Sorry sorcerer but I think that the only reason the character developement was so good and yes sorry everyone that I forgot about ffx but I think I forgot it because i think that rikkus annoying sorry but its true. there are enough ditzy blondes in this world and now they’re making them in games. to further spread the disease of stupid to female gamers. But I must say that ff9’s one exception I really liked zidanes womanizing and ultimate failure at it.

Zidane:sleeping weed its mostly used on kids but a big dose can knock out an adult just as easily.
Dagger:can I have some? I’ve had so trouble sleeping lately.
Zidane:I don’t know if thats a good idea you might get addicted. maybe all you need is a little company eh.
Dagger: Do you really think I’m that naive?
Zidane:Hey can’t blame a guy for trying. :enguard:

Originally posted by Ixion_84
Sorry sorcerer but I think that the only reason the character developement was so good and yes sorry everyone that I forgot about ffx but I think I forgot it because i think that rikkus annoying sorry but its true. there are enough ditzy blondes in this world and now they’re making them in games. to further spread the disease of stupid to female gamers.

Just because you find Rikku annoying doesn’t mean everyone does. It doesn’t make her a ditz either; if you think that’s ditzy, you’ve never met a real one. Also, what’s the point of dragging out the dumb-blonde stereotype into the “real world”? The biggest ditz I know has black hair.
By the way, where was that first sentence going? It seemed to change shape midway through.

I don’t have a problem with the re-using the basic roles if they’re done well, but something different would be welcome, too.

Originally posted by Ixion_84
you know what i miss is some of the less heard of jobs :blue mage. red mage,holy knight aka paladin you know cecil ff4
dark knight. I think the summoners have been over played.

FFX-2 had both a Blue Mage (with a different name but the exact same class pretty much) and a Dark Knight class. And no summoner class.

Rikku wasn’t much of a terrible ditz in FFX. FFX-2 is another story, though. -_-

Anyway, characterization has gotten MUCH deeper in the later FFs (except perhaps with FF8). There are real people here, not just stereotypes (noble swordsman! holy healer! bad guy!).

It’s kind of funny how certain Job classes have been bound to “character personalities”. Example, the knight or warrior with the shady past, the gentle healer, etc. There are notable exceptions, though.

FF games with Job systems seem to erase these stereotypes, but offer much less character development and depth. Example: FF5 or everyone but Ramza in FFT.

Delita has almost as much depth as Ramza.

But you have to look at character development over the years. I mean, you go from Fighter and Thief to Auron and Rikku. Never mind the fact that the Light Warriors (and several main characters after them) never really speak; the depth of characters (overall) has increased dramatically.

[ sorry about the dumb blonde thing. but I did kinda trail off there didn’t I? the reason I think the character was so good is the writers really wanted you to get into the personality of each character. So when X-2 came out you would be compelled to get it right away. You were supposed to really want to see the next chapter. How spira changed, how yuna was spending her time (you know with sin dead theres a lot a free time on her hands.)
And most of and to see if tidus comes back to yuna. Quite frankly I was pissed at the end of ff10. Can we say ff7 all over again? I don’t know bout ya’ll but I was disapointed in sqaure for ]killing aeris it sucked i thought she was cool][

I think FFX has done a much better job at getting you attached to its characters (Tidus’ and Yuna’s love). With maybe the exception of Aerith’s death in FFVII, no game has come close to rivaling the emotion that FFX elicits from its players (at least, that I’ve seen).

FFX-2 does a subpar job on getting you connected to the characters. Yeah, you’d figure that Yuna would want to search for Tidus (I mean, c’mon, he “dies” at the end of FFX but nobody knows if it’s true!), but to become a sphere hunter and to be so happy and giddy like she is? And don’t get me started on Rikku; to change her from one of the better characters in FFX (character depth-wise) to a complete idiot who’s excited over EVERYTHING in FFX-2 is galling. Paine, naturally, kicks ass (I won’t mention her background 'cause it’s so tied to the story).