Final Fantasy VII: The Movie

If “the poster sucks shit” is the actual opinion that comes from your mind, I laugh at YOUR pathetic lack of life, and your obvious lack of friends. Now go away and stop trying to turn this into a flamewar.

Originally posted by Zombie_Ori
You don’t like the fact that I’m opinionated and I speak my mind then blow me. I laugh at you and your pathetic lack of lives :stuck_out_tongue:

www.dictionary.com : search for constructive, then criticism.

That is assuming, that you know how to use a search engine?

Saying your poster sucks shit is about as effective, intelligent and respected as LLZOLZOZLZ! UR MOM R A HO, SO UR AN IDIT!!!11111

Well, I really liked the effects used for the black and white materia, and the buster sword. It looked pretty good, like it had seen plenty of battles. On the other hand I think that the faces on a whole look “dirty”, I think that you could make them look better by softening the shadows or by not making them quite as dark. You have a lot of talent with PS.

Hey Silver, correct me if I’m mistaken, but you said that the FF7 Poster was your first attempt, right? Guess what, most first attempts don’t work, that’s why people keep trying until they get them right. In fact, that poster was NOT the worst I’ve seen, trust me. So, from the point of view of experience, it was NOT a waste of time. And your Tifa one was great! You’re improving already. Keep working on them, and showing them to us, we’ll keep giving you fair criticism, and, when earned, praise as well. (As for flames, ignore them, they’re meaningless, and the Mods will take care of them.)

Keep up the good work. :cool:

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]Hey Silver, correct me if I’m mistaken, but you said that the FF7 Poster was your first attempt, right? Guess what, most first attempts don’t work, that’s why people keep trying until they get them right. In fact, that poster was NOT the worst I’ve seen, trust me. So, from the point of view of experience, it was NOT a waste of time. And your Tifa one was great! You’re improving already. Keep working on them, and showing them to us, we’ll keep giving you fair criticism, and, when earned, praise as well. (As for flames, ignore them, they’re meaningless, and the Mods will take care of them.)

Keep up the good work. :cool: [/b]
Hm, I might not have worded myself correctly. What I meant was that the FFVII poster was my first attempt to color in that particular style–meaning, the lines not showing. Well, no, that’s a lie. It’s my second attempt to draw without the lines, and the first…came out a bit better. But then, the art wasn’t as stylized, so I had more realistic proportions to work with. The style I used with Tifa is more simplistic than what I usually go for, so, in all honesty, it was easy. The hardest part about getting her right was to remove the scratchiness from some of the lines. Thanks for the encouragement.

And, yeah, I saw that their skin tones looked…off somehow, but I wasn’t exactly sure. Cloud’s is probably the worst. Next time, I should be a lot more sparse when using black to shade.

Oh, and one thing. I drew black materia in there? Where? I wanna see, I wanna see! :smiley:

Heh, I kinda took Meteor as te black materia, I always kinda envisioned it as looking like that when active.

Just as a suggestion, to make their shaded skin tones look a bit better, drop only the brightness value and it should help, but you may have done that and the blend made it look different.

Zombie Ori is banned from the media board. Just thought I’d announce it. However, I’d prefer not to see any catcalls and smirks here, alright?

By the way, SilverKnight, I wanted to add that the colors on your FFVII movie poster are great. Aeris, even though her face is a little distorted, you did really well.

Silverknight, the works you have displayed thus far are simply astounding. I think each one is great. Although I might agree that Aeris’s face is a bit angular, that is not something that cannot be improved upon in later works. I am looking forward to seeing what else you display.

That’s one kickass poster. It’s too bad that noone in existance could make FF7 into a movie without royally fucking it up. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I know. That’s why I put it in for the “Movies You’ll Never See Mad” contest. :slight_smile: Besides, I like playing my games rather than watching them any day. :smiley: