Final Fantasy VII: The Movie

>ahem< No, it’s not what you think. It’s a poster I made for an online drawing forum that’s holding a contest.

Be warned. It’s big.

Anyway, it took me almost a month to finish, but I’m happy about the results. I colored it entirely on the PC (God bless Photoshop. >hugs it<), so the textures is what took up all that time. I knew I wasn’t going to make it look real life, but I was trying to go for stylistically 3-D looking. I hope I actually accomplished that.

So, what’cha guys think?

Cool, the composition is nice and so are the colors. Neat job!

Ugh… It won’t load for me. Hey, SilverKnight? Can you like e-mail me it? I really want to see it.

Here, may this one will load:

It’s smaller than the original, so hopefully it can load better/faster. Not as much detail, but it gives you a better scope of the whole poster…thing. Hope that helps.

Well… Aeris’ face seems a bit angular. It looks like a man’s to me.

Yeah, her bone structure is too dominant, try and make her face seem a bit smoother and her chin a little smaller.

And could you make the eyes a little bit smaller? It’s creepy how big they are.

Yes, her face is a bit creepy. Undead stare… Oooh. And I think that making the eyes slightly rounder would be an improvement.

Well, it’s a finished product, so I neither can nor will change it. But, it’s always nice to know that I drew Aeris like a freakish manly alien thing. Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile: And, besides, she was a wimp in the game. If you ask me, she needs a little testosterone in her. :smiley: >winks<

On a futher note, she didn’t seem all that manly in the original sketch. Yes, the eyes are kinda big, and they do sorta clash with the style I colored the picture in, but I was just going loosely by what I’d originally drawn. >juts out her manly chin< So there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the comments. I’ll make a note to keep her face more rounded in other pics.

Holy shit, SilverKnight, the original is awesome! You shoulda stuck with that!

I have to agree with Val, Silver, the original sketch is better- I guess the texturing made the faces too angular.

Still, just the very fact that you took the effort of making something like this is praiseworthy. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Why the heck did you drop the original? It was awesome! :cool:

Yeah, no offense but that is awful. Cloud is fine but Aeris looks like a man and Sephiroth looks awful. I doubt that’ll win anything in any contest.

Okay, so the general consensus is that it sucks. So much for being proud of it.

Zombie, here’s a tip for you. Not to sound like sour grapes or anything, but learn how to give constructive criticism, please. Fine, you think it looks horrible. Why? Tell me specifically what makes Sephiroth look “awful”. (I already see the problems with Aeris.) No point in insinuating that it’s a piece of dog shit without a least telling me what I did wrong with it. It’s common courtesy, please.

Furthermore, to explain why I “dropped” the sketch, it was because this friendly contest was to design movie posters. Therefore a line sketch wouldn’t have worked. I suppose I can see the mistakes now. I drew in anime style, and coloring style didn’t compliment it. Thank you for your feedback.

>screams<

Sorry. Needed to get that out of my system.

For Sephiroth, I think it’s because it looks like he has a sunken face, or something. It’s like his cheeks start curving inward at some point.

Never colored in this fashion before. Seeing your reaction, I don’t think I will again.

Hm. A month’s worth of work down the drain. What a waste. >disappears into a black hole<

I happen to find it quite good, and I’ve narrowed down what your problem is:

It’s your lighting against the faces. The ligthing against the faces is angled in such a way that it gives the characters a bit of an angular look.

Hey I’m not the one who’s poster sucks shit. You don’t want people to criticize then don’t post it.

I like the original better…:wink: But, good anyways.

Originally posted by Zombie_Ori
Hey I’m not the one who’s poster sucks shit. You don’t want people to criticize then don’t post it.
Alright, fuckface, listen up, you might want to jot down notes. I don’t have a problem with getting criticism. You don’t like it, fine. You think it sucks. Fine. All I am asking is to at least tell me WHY, so I can improve upon it later. Constructive criticism I can deal with. Do you know the meaning of the word constructive? Here, let me look it up for you, hm?

con·struc·tive ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-strktv)
adj.

1. Serving to improve or advance; helpful: constructive criticism.
  2. Of or relating to construction; structural.
  3. Law. Based on an interpretation; not directly expressed.

“Serving to improve or advance”. Hm. “I’m not the one who’s poster sucks shit.” Wow, thanks, that serves to help me a great deal. Tell ya what. When you decide to actually reply with an intelligent response (and, trust me, I’m not holding my breath), I’ll give you the time of day again. If not, do the internet a favor and shut the fuck up. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

And, as a message to everyone else, I apologize for my behavior in previous replies. I was…taken by surprise. But, I do appreciate and take to heart all the critiques posted, and I’ll try my hardest to learn from them. Thank you.