Final Fantasy VII: EC

That other thread about FFVII spin offs, got me thinking; does anyone remember which site did the April Fool’s joke about “Final Fantasy VII: EC?” They had said that since there was an AC (Advent Children), BC (Before Crisis), CC (Crisis Core), and DC (Dirge of Cerberus), that they figured that people would believe an EC.

Anyway, the reason I ask is that me and my rl friends have been trying to remember what they said EC stood for. Since we couldn’t, we decided to come up with a series of joke names that it might stand for. Our favorite so far are “Final Fantasy VII: Elephant Cannon,” in which a pirate ship would randomly show up, firing cannons loaded with full size elephants, and of course “Final Fantasy VII: Everyone’s Combustable!” in which all the characters can catch on fire at any point during any conversation.

RPGLamer. It doesn’t say what it stands for though. Check out the screenshots, that really sent me laughing :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember rpgamer said it was “Extremely Counterfeit”.

EDIT: Ah, somebody posted at the same time as me. They answered in an update the next day revealing the April Fools jokes.

I think it would be funny if it was Final Fantasy VII: Epilectic Concerns, where it goes into major detail about Cloud’s “seizures”

…It was considerably funnier as “Eclectic” until I found out what the word means. -.-

Spontaneous human combustion! Whoo!

Ninten:cool:

You know what? Just imagine that EC might be the real thing.
Yes? No? Maybe?
Interview with IGN/GameSpy at E3:

Are there further Compilation titles that haven’t been announced yet that we can look forward to hearing about later?
Kitase: [Laughs.] I cannot talk about it.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/617/617474p1.html

Interview with Dengeki PlayStation magazine:

When asked if there were any more Final Fantasy VII spin-offs planned in the future, Kitase laughed, commenting, “Well, we’ll have to see. There are still characters that might be alive [from the original FFVII].”
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6127146.html