Final Fantasy IV DS

Another remake like FF3DS, but with the presence of VAs. Five of the cast were involved n Kingdom Hearts and previous Final Fantasy games

• Shizuma Hidoshima as Cecil Harvey

• Yuko Kaida as Rosa Farrell

• Koichi Yamadera as Kain Highwind

• Ryo Horikawa as Edward Chris von Muir

• Noriko Shitaya as Rydia

• Rie Kugimiya as Palom and Porom

• Tesshou Genda as Yang Fang Leiden

• Hiroya Ishimaru as Edward “Edge” Geraldine

• Ichiro Nagai as Cid Pollendina

• Banjou Ginga as FuSoYa

• Gorou Naya as Tellah

• Takeshi Kaga as Golbez

Pix are “copy and paste” for viewing

FFVI DS Trailer (Subbed)

Cecil and Rosa
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/propaganda/ff4ds9.jpg

Dark Knight Cecil and Cain
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/propaganda/ff4ds6.jpg

Adult Rydia and Yang
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/propaganda/ff4ds12.jpg

Very much looking forward to this. I may finally enjoy playing FF4.

King Baron :stuck_out_tongue:

The characters look a bit deformed in the FFVII style, hope that’s not the case.

(Btw you can click the links and press enter if you hate copy-pasting links, like I do)

Rigmarole: I guess his name would be “Odin Baron”?

I think it’ll be like FFIII DS: The characters being Chibi with realistic characters in the FMVs like the game’s opening and closing.

Also, Square Enix is currently searching for a singer to perform a vocal version of “Theme of Love”, reorchestrated by Nobuo Uematsu. So for if you guys listen to anime music, make suggestions.

Looks a bit more like the FFT style to me.

I’m glad I bought a DS. :smiley:

The new opening has me impressed. It’s by far much better than that crappy PSX intro.

Well, Polom and Palom are introduced with a slight redesign.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/screens/ff4ds18.jpg

A new SUBBED trailer from the Tokyo Game Show, includes voice actors and the redone “Theme of Love”.

I wish I could use the :nono: smiley from another messageboard.

While we’re on the subject, FFIII is due for another remake, isnt it? It’s already been a year or thereabouts.

this is probably the most excited i’ve been over a final fantasy game other than final fantasy tactics a2 for the ds. personally i’ve always hated how Paladin Cecil looked but now he looks pretty frickin cool, and Dark Knight Cecil is just down right insane. Rosa looks skankier than ever (silly white mage lol) i could pretty much see through her clothes in one of the vids on youtube. Cain, he’s my second favorite Final Fantasy character, and i’m digging the revamped design. I cant wait to play with him. i saw some pics of Cecil running through Baron a couple months ago but i didn’t tried not to think about it bc i thought it’d be one of those really awesome games that just never get finished and my hopes get crushed, but now i’m really excited!! does it mean 2007 in Japan or here? and those links (other than the first one) on the original post didn’t work for me T_T pretty much anything from rpggamer didn’t work for me which sucked. and plus the soundcard on my comp has been screwed up for a year so i cant hear anything either, god bless subtitles. i think it’s awesome how they’re gonna have voice acting, i kinda wished they had it in III but at least they’re making up for it now. that Mist Dragon was Rydia’s bitch lol she was showin it who was boss, i’m so pumped right now i’m gonna go look up other vids. :slight_smile:

Rydia :biggrin:

Locke, !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet Square’s conscience looks like your posts, DR. People have always clamored for 3d remakes of old games; if that catches on I think we’ll see plenty more (till they remake FFVII and let it be).

Mog Knight, the links work. Either copy/paste them or when the error page loads go the navigation bar (http: etc) and press enter for it to load.

I’m excited about a remake of the game, and I like the cinemas, but something about the SD-in-3D look for this game irks me. Irks, I say!

Brought it a subbed version for those who like to know what they’re saying.

Note that FFIV has five seiyuu who were involved in previous Square roles…

• Koichi Yamadera (Kain): Voiced Donald Duck, Beast, Mushu, Genie, and Sebastian in Kingdom Hearts.

• Rie Kugimiya (Palom and Porom): Voiced Alphose Elric of FullMetal Alchemist

• Tesshou Genda (Yang): Azul of Dirge of Cerberus

• Ichiro Nagai (Cid): Phil from KH (dubbed Yoda of Star Wars fame)

• Banjou Ginga (FuSoYa): Reeve of the FF7 series

sorry Rigmarole i meant to post like 2 minutes later that they started working but i got sidetracked, woops.

as i said my soundcard doesn’t work so i couldn’t hear cain’s voice…but the natural order of the universe clearly dictates that :
Cain Highwind + Donald Duck = annoying perversion of a once great character.
simple as that.

i hope he doesn’t suck T_T

Mog Knight: Not really, Koichi Yamadera’s just a awesome seiyuu. Kain has a deep brooding voice.

To me, part of the charm were the sprites. To me, this just isn’t necessary. I’m (somewhat) over the fact that 99% of their release schedule is final fantasy games. Even rereleasing an older game is ok. Gives a whole new generation a chance to appreciate the classics. What I can’t fucking stand is the fact that now this will be the… 3rd time? 4th time? They’ve rereleased it in like 5-6 years. Same goes with the other ones. If this is purely for the fans, then it shows they’re really fucking ungrateful.

o, well i’ll take your word for it. i haven’t played kingdom hearts II so i dont know half the voices. i beat the first and CoM, but i dont own a ps2 (T_T) so its hard to play alot of big games these days