Final Fantasy Festival launches.

On December 18, 1987, Final Fantasy was released in Japan. It’s its twentieth birthday, and to celebrate, several webmasters have gotten together to create Final Fantasy Festival: Natalis Crystalis. Feel free to contribute your own information and retrospects! I will be contributing some content to it as well, so check back if you’re interested. :sunglasses:

Secret hint (TCELES B HSUP): I was the one who came up with the first part of the name. :sunglasses:

Well I can rest easy knowing that I’ve added my two cents to the site as well.

Though that seems to be the only thing that I’m interested in doing right now as I don’t really want to give the impression to Squeenix that I appreciate all of these redundant remakes and compilations while other series are left ruined or completely forgotten. Another SaGa game would be nice instead of FF1/10th or FFVII Babies. Or even a real Mana game instead (a Zelda clone driven more by action, stats and Co-op instead of a side-scrolling brawler/rogue dungeon crawler/strategy/hundred hours of added sidequests and reworked storyline to a game that was meant to be played through straight forward for about thirty hours at the most/bouncing around a forest/manga, would’ve been nice).

Though, given the opportunity I would request a remake of SD2 especially if it’s restored to it’s original design (i.e. the very game that Squaresoft wanted to release on the Nintendo Playstation back in 92-93 without any changes or alterations to accommodate a 2008 release date)

Frankly, Mana died halfway with LoM and the rest of the way with everything else. -_-

The site isn’t meant to prop up S-E and is not associated with S-E in any way. It’s just a celebration of the FF series in general. 20 years is quite a while.

Man, has it been twenty years already? How time flies…

This is very cool stuff. I’ll try an contribute an article or something when I get the chance, or at least sign the card they’re sending to Squeenix. Its neat that so many different websites have banded together for this.

ORBS <3
Actually=4

20 years? Yikes, I was only 4 when FF1 came out. Now, I feel old…

Im only a few months older…

I didnt realize it was that young/old. Thought it came out earlier.

If only it was a few years younger and this celebration happened in a few years. I long to see Japan (land of my ancestors) and this would have been the perfect excuse also… too bad I don’t have the money.

I too didn’t realize the first game came out in 1987… I was just… 8 months old.