FFX, good/bad?

it’s FF worthy, but it’s just so easy to point out its flaws…

It’s certainly FF worthy. I had a rather enjoyable trip through Zanarkand, and the strategy involved in the battles was wonderful. Swapping characters in and out is an excellent idea that should be in more RPGs.

I also liked the feeling that while you were journeying across the world, there were other people doing the same (Maechen, Shelinda, Gatta, Luzzu, Dona). You could check up on them and get to know them and the intriguing world of Spira a little better. All of the side characters were very well done, in my opinion.

And when you reach Macalania Temple, the game REALLY picks up! I felt the fear my characters felt as they ascended the massive Mt. Gagazet, fleeing from the churches of Yevon. I cried during the Yuna/Tidus scene. And in the end, I started to see the boorish and rude Jecht as a good hearted person, and a true hero at heart. The story really, really moved me; much more than Xenosaga. The characters are all so likable; I even felt sorry for poor Tidus…

Not only is the game FF worthy, it’s actually better than most FF games, in my opinion. And if you want a movie, go “play” Xenosaga.

Well, workin on the shrine has kept me up til about 4 am every night. Even though it’s a bitch to get through, I like it a helluva lot. I’ve seen the things that aren’t very good about it, but I can see the good things over the bad things in everything :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit: When I said a bitch to get through, I meant the fact that I’m cataloging what monsters are immune to what status effect, and finding every item possible, but I slack a lot :stuck_out_tongue: