FFX-2 (Male version)

If FFX-2’s main characters were all guys, which of the existing male characters from FFX would you choose to replace the three gals? Would the male version of FFX-2 sell jus’ as much copies as the female version? Jus’ wonderin’.

Originally posted by Fenril_Knight
Would the male version of FFX-2 sell jus’ as much copies as the female version?
The obvious answer would be no

Less than likely. But for the hell of it, I’ll give 3 characters:

Khimari, Wakka, and Brother.

Not sure why, but I’d love to see Maechen in a starring role. Or maybe Luzzu and Gatta.

What’d I’d REALLY like to see would be a FFX prequel. You play as Jecht, Auron, and Braska, travelling Spira and going through Braska’s pilgrimage. The sphere scenes in Final Fantasy X were quite possibly my favourite story sequences in the game.

No it would not sell so much. But on a side note the International version of FFX-2 does have Brother as a playble character.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Not sure why, but I’d love to see Maechen in a starring role. Or maybe Luzzu and Gatta.

What’d I’d REALLY like to see would be a FFX prequel. You play as Jecht, Auron, and Braska, travelling Spira and going through Braska’s pilgrimage. The sphere scenes in Final Fantasy X were quite possibly my favourite story sequences in the game. [/b]

Yes on all accounts, especially the Maechen one. But what aboutLuzzu or Gatta being killed when the Yevonites attacked Sin using machina. I forget which. I’d have to include Kimhari though.
And there is no way it would sell as well.

I have to agree with Dalton’s idea (the one in the spoiler)- it almost seemed as if they wrote FFX with THAT more in mind that FFX-2…

That’s true (either one can die, actually… depending on what you do storywise). But the dead one could still be alive; I don’t remember Gatta saying he actually saw the dead body of Luzzu. He could be missing in action. Kind of like Nooj from FFX-2; he was WOUNDED by Sin, but came out alive, though he needed prosthetic limbs.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13621

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
That’s true (either one can die, actually… depending on what you do storywise). But the dead one could still be alive; I don’t remember Gatta saying he actually saw the dead body of Luzzu. He could be missing in action. Kind of like Nooj from FFX-2; he was WOUNDED by Sin, but came out alive, though he needed prosthetic limbs.

Oh. It’s just I remember hearing the words “cut in half” about then, which rather implies permanent death. Then again, other people in the game died but didn’t.