FFT Chapter 2

Auto X potion can keep you alive until your speed is high enough to do it easily if that helps.

Originally posted by DomaDragoon
The easiest way I find is to go with any physical class with Guts secondary. Run away from Wiegraf, Yelling every turn. Eventually, you’ll reach the point where you’ll be triple and quadra turning Wiegraf, and you can just finish him off easily. After that, you’ll have enough of a speed advantage to take out his second form.

This works unbelieveably well. If you can’t get out of his attack range, use Items to heal up or Chakra, perhaps. Soon enough, you’ll be faster than him.

Or if you really want to try something crazy, run in with a thief and attempt to steal his sword.

EDIT: That doesn’t work. However, how much damage can you do an attack? If you kill him quickly, there’s no chance of him killing you, is there? Maybe instead of Auto-Potion, equip a Bracer and Attack Up on your Monk and have him Earth Slash?

Whoo. Survived Wiegraf and Velius, but DAMN ELMDOR. Friggin’ one hit kill assassins. Got one of 'em quick, though.

And I hate Flails, as good as they are. I too often get 16-48 damage. Ah well.

Anyway, in Chapter 4, how do I beat the River stage (after the Free City) with all the Chocobos? Meteor hurts.

How the heck would you get an auto potion: x-potion?

Set Auto-Potion as the Reaction Ability and sell all your Potions and Hi-Potions, which just leaves X-Potions. Auto-Potion uses the lowest level potion it can.

Originally posted by Cala
[b]Whoo. Survived Wiegraf and Velius, but DAMN ELMDOR. Friggin’ one hit kill assassins. Got one of 'em quick, though.

And I hate Flails, as good as they are. I too often get 16-48 damage. Ah well.

Anyway, in Chapter 4, how do I beat the River stage (after the Free City) with all the Chocobos? Meteor hurts. [/b]

The number (or color, I forget which) of Chocobos you fight is random. So just reload until you’re not fighting any Red Chocobos (the meteor-casting ones), or one at the very most. Hell, fight one and get it to join you. Red and Black Chocobos are good additions.

Black? You mean the purple ones with Chocobo Ball?

Yes Cala, I think it’s safe we all assume by Black Chocobo he’s referring to the enemy named Black Chocobo.

Yeah, black chocobos look purple.

Yeah, Auto Potion with X Potion is my favorite ‘counter’ ability; It’s the only one I use, the entire game. Nothing beats GAINING HP for being hit, after all :stuck_out_tongue:

Blade grasp does, I didn’t find out how good it was for a long long time. That’s the ability Elmdor has that makes only about 17% of attacks succesful.

Psh. Concentrate, fools. Only reason (besides Thief and later Jobs) I ever use Archers.

Hear the lady. A character failing a hit can cost you the entire game. But since archers stink compared to other classes just learn the ability and then switch.

Worker 8’s Dispose ability, and Orlandu’s and Agrias’s… lightning thingie (I forgot the name) work really good. Just move fast and hit. I hate chocobos, they rock as enemies but they suck once you get them to join you.

Chocobos are only good when they outnumber you. tHey’re speed and magic attack are high enough to dish out damage. Normal chocoboes are weak because they don’t have magical attacks.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
[b]Hear the lady. A character failing a hit can cost you the entire game. But since archers stink compared to other classes just learn the ability and then switch.

Worker 8’s Dispose ability, and Orlandu’s and Agrias’s… lightning thingie (I forgot the name) work really good. Just move fast and hit. I hate chocobos, they rock as enemies but they suck once you get them to join you. [/b]

It’s Lightning Stab, but anyway…

I got a chocobo relatively early in the game, and he turned into one of my strongest allies later on. Heck, he was erhaps the only reason why I won the battle on Riovanes rooftop. They just take some patience to train…but they can be invaluable at certain points.