FFnet better watch out...

…there’s a new fanfiction archive in town! [Insert other Old West quotes here]

http://www.fictionised.net

It’s… different. It has an awards bit for good Fanfiction and some movie revews. It might have been a good diea excpet for the one simple fact that the uploading process sucks even more than FFNet’s tendancy to break when a good gust of wind hits the server. YOu either upload the file (it doesn’t work right) or type it all in yourself. All of it. It sucks. Beware. I posted DD up there. Observe the layout and gasp in horror.

So, in fact, FFnet doesn’t have to watch out at all. Nevermind.

Still no sign of TSK. Great. Ah, well.

What’s TSK?

did you wright a story? If you did I could no find it…:too bad;

Nah, I just uploaded Diamond Dust again. I ain’t gonna write new stories on different sites when I can just re-use old ones.:wink:

Time Stranger Kyoko. Fanfics for this on Ff.net generally end up in the Kaze Kaitou Jeanne section, since they’re by the same mangaka, Arina Tanemura…

E-mail them and ask them to add the sub category. Unlike ffnet, they seem to listen to feedback.

When you say “type stuff in yourself”, does that mean one can just as easaly copy/paste stuff in?

And also, by doing this, can you manualy add stuff like italics and boldface?

If you, then I think I may have a new place to stick Ancient Wizardry… :mwahaha:

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
[b]When you say “type stuff in yourself”, does that mean one can just as easaly copy/paste stuff in?

And also, by doing this, can you manualy add stuff like italics and boldface?

If you, then I think I may have a new place to stick Ancient Wizardry… :mwahaha: [/b]

Yup, the one problem being, you either go through your entire story and add the tags, or upload, and when you do that ALL the HTML is copied, and all of it that isn’t used just gets put into the fic. Here:

http://www.fictionised.net/viewstory.php?sid=115&i=1

You can’t see it since I deleted it but I had to go through it all and delete the HTML text that wasn’t uploaded properly.

I guess I could try the old notepad with HTML copy paste trick… But if this is as wicky as you say it is who knows what it might spit back at me. Whatever. I post my stupid shit everywhere.

They’ll fix it eevntually, but right now it’s very woozy to post there.

What notepad/HTML trick?

I think I’ll still stick with FF.Net, at least for now.

Or you could use RPGC…

I use both, as both rock mucho (well, FFnet less, as it goes down more). Still, It’s gonna be interesting to see how it stands up against the behemoth.

I save all my stories in HTML for easy uploading, but some sites don’t accept HTML upload or if they do it doesn’t work very well. If you open an HTML file using Notepad all the HTML coding becomes text and you can just copy and paste it for the site to interpret, leaving your formating intact.

Now that I did not know. Thanks. That’ll make it much less painful to look at if much longer to do…

You can also open the html file, right-click on it and pick the option “Show Source” (or something similar, I have to translate from Swedish :P) and it’ll instantly open the txt file.

W00t etc. Thanks guys, I’ll use them if Word ever breaks on me again.