FF9 Leveling Up

I’m replaying Final Fantasy IX(for like the 7th time) and I still haven’t beaten Ozma…is there a faster way of leveling up than getting killed every 5 minutes than those Yans?

I fought the monster in Memoria, and I reach to 80-90 Level, I spent hours there leveling up. I did this the fist time I played it and never heard Ozma before, I eventually find him and he beat me. I never got into a fight with him after that. Now, I finished the game for the third time and only try fighting Ozma once, he defeated me. FUCK HIM!!!

Oh, And BTW: I heard there’s a monster on the Olivia (I think, it’s a castle) Where you fight to a kinda mirror monster, he gives you decent EXP, and it’s easy to defeat.

I think you mean Oeilvert. You can’t go there in Disc 4.

Oeilvert, and that’s closed off now, I think.

Yeah. yeah… Weird name…

You can’t reach to it? Huh, I never tried before…

I don’t know any decent place to level, but good planing, and preperation, can beat that bastard Ozma.

Because the last time I managed to beat him, I was not that high, in terms of levels. But still had enough hard hitting moves, and effective armour to beat him, with a little work of course.

Advice: BRING EIKO! The Double White Trance and the Rebirth Flame saved my ass so much in that fight that I could build a shrine for the girl.

That trick in Oeilvert isn’t exactly that helpful, really. All it does is call an unlimited supply of enemies that could very well kill your team members each time, resulting in a lot of reviving. And you can’t use magic, so that’s a lot of valuable money wasted on Phoenix Down.

What I would suggest is to head for the outsides of Daguerro and cast LV5 Death on the Grand Dragon enemies you’ll find there. It’s very easy EXP, and 3 AP a battle. And if you find a Gimme Cat, that’s 0 EXP (8( ), yet still, 3 AP. Equip everyone with Level Up and Ability Up and you’re laughing.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
What I would suggest is to head for the outsides of Daguerro and cast LV5 Death on the Grand Dragon enemies you’ll find there. It’s very easy EXP, and 3 AP a battle. And if you find a Gimme Cat, that’s 0 EXP (8( ), yet still, 3 AP. Equip everyone with Level Up and Ability Up and you’re laughing.

Meh, go to the ledge from Gizamaluke’s Grotto where the moogles warn you about going up. You’ll find Grand Dragons up there more oftne than not; And no annoying cats there either. My level for beating Ozma? Zidane 70, rest 40-50ish

Actually that mirror creature, can only make like three copies, I think. So after they are dead, it can’t really do anything.

I actually did most of my leveling with Grand Dragons. You fought them almost every battle outside the cave where you can feed the Moogles.

You can also find them in the random islands on the south-west area of the map (Where Daguerreo and Chocobo’s lagoon are). If the still aren’t enough try to kill one or two of your characters so you get more EXP.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I actually did most of my leveling with Grand Dragons. You fought them almost every battle outside the cave where you can feed the Moogles.

If I remember right, you fight them every battle, up there. As long as you are not walking in the forest, then it is the Garudas.