FF9 - Aloha gear, Useless or not?

I have searched everywhere to see if there is any meaning to the Aloha gear in FF9, but came up with nothing. Are these just useless items put in as a joke, or is there some secret behind them?

Nope. Useless. But fun to collect. :slight_smile:

Aloha T-Shirts sell for quite a bit though.

I never found any use for them, save for my pack-rat tendency.

You can have fun equipping yourself with them and taking on the last boss, but that’s it.

Of course, an alternative would be not equipping anything, but if you’re a perfectionist, you’ll want a set for everyone…

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
Of course, an alternative would be not equipping anything, but if you’re a perfectionist, you’ll want a set for everyone…
Impossible. I believe it’s the shirts that you can only get 7 of.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Impossible. I believe it’s the shirts that you can only get 7 of.

According to PlayOnline, you can get the 8th Aloha shirt if you give the Moogle Family a Kupo nut on Disc 4. Which lead me to beleive that their was something more to all the aloha gear, but I guess their isn’t

facepalms Totally forgot about that. But yeah, there is no purpose whatsoever, other than reselling

Gotcha good there :wink: Woulda commented on that one myself, but… wasn’t active then

Selling stuff is for people who SUCK! Kidding, really, but I’m an item whore when it comes to RPGs.

Meh, I generally never sell anything either, except in games with limited inventory space. (DW games especially)

That’s one of my major gripes about FFIV. I mean, I was really paranoid, continuously going back to the Big Chocobo to see if i had all the equipment possible. And believe me, I did. I got two PinkPuff Tails, took me three hours.

i guess i’m the exact opposite of you…i sell obsolete equipment as soon as i can.

Same here. Once I’ve beaten an FF game though, I usually replay it and try to find everything in the game, level everyone up to level 99, kill all optional bosses, etc.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
That’s one of my major gripes about FFIV. I mean, I was really paranoid, continuously going back to the Big Chocobo to see if i had all the equipment possible. And believe me, I did. I got two PinkPuff Tails, took me three hours.

GAH! I hated hunting for those things. I couldn’te ven find one. Stupid PinkPuffs.

Originally posted by StarStorm
GAH! I hated hunting for those things. I couldn’te ven find one. Stupid PinkPuffs.

They’re in a small room with a chest in the Lunar Subterrain. I remember when I first played the game, and I fought one of them. When I told my siblings about them, they just thought I was making it up.

…man, Val, EarthBound must have drove you INSANE. :slight_smile:

And BTW, FF9 is the only game where I never sold stuff, beacuse of Synthesizing items. But in all games, I NEVER sell rare items.

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
[b]…man, Val, EarthBound must have drove you INSANE. :slight_smile:

And BTW, FF9 is the only game where I never sold stuff, beacuse of Synthesizing items. But in all games, I NEVER sell rare items. [/b]

What you mean? It’s impossible to do the complete Pack-rat concept in that gae, there isn’t enough room! Although getting the Sword of Kings and the Gutsy Bat WAS annoying!

Accualy, it’s not impossible - I’m pretty sure Escargo Express has limitless space, but I never used more than 3 pages of it.

And I was just refering to the 128 items.