FF7 Crisis Core (major spoilers)

A novella…It’s mentioned on your site.

I wasn’t the one who put that in there. -_- And I’ve never actually seen it.
Maybe I need to look into ordering this…

It basically tells Denzel’s life story, to clear up any confusion on him, and also about what happened to Tifa and Barret in between FF7 and AC.

However, there is one thing I’m unclear about. I’m unsure if the entire novella was released with AC, or if it was just the Case of Barret. I know that the Case of Barret was made exclusively for us US people. In any case, I doubt you could find it without actually purchasing the limited edition box set, and who knows if that’s even still available.

I guess I could probably find it on eBay or something, but I’ve never bought anything on eBay and I’m leery of starting…

eBay is safe most of the time. Just make sure you contact the seller before buying it to ensure it’s what you’re looking for.

Yeah… maybe, but it’s my shtick. I’m still staying away for now.

. Cloud was NOT a complete basket case when he reunites with Tifa. He’s still acting funny and confused, but he was acting the same way when he was with Zack. Here’s the script from that scene for reference

He still thinks he was actually in SOLDIER, right? Cloud’s self-delusion is one of the major plot points of FF7, and the end of Crisis Core basically contradicts that.

Besides, Zack’s death in FF7 still stylistically underlines Cloud’s weakness at the start of FF7. The retcon in Crisis Core doesn’t do this, even if you can make an argument that technically it can fit into the storyline.

Now you all know why I don’t give a damn about all of these spin-offs. They keep on retconning the original game (and possibly each other too. I wouldn’t know though since I haven’t played any of them (though I did watch the first cut of AC)).

It’s getting to the point where they’re going to have to remake FFVII at this rate.

Actually, this was the only significant retcon I can think of so far, if you discount Last Order (and you should).

Maybe that’s the point. :wink:

Seriously, I can’t see Square remaking their old FFs on new systems and not doing it with 7 at some point. (And I hear the PS3 needs some good RPG games…)

I’d like to see something like an ‘expanded edition’ - keeping the original dialogue script intact, but adding more scenes to flesh out the characters and plot. Sort of like how, with the U.S. release of FF7, Square added Zack and Cloud’s escape scene to help clear some things up.(this isn’t present in the Japanese version).

From 1UP interview with Shinji Hashimoto and Yoshinori Kitase at E33 2008 –

1UP: Last week, Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura said that he’s hard at work adding new scenes to the FFVII: Advent Children Complete Blu-ray release. Can you give us any update on that project?

SH: You can look forward to the upcoming invite-only fan event DKS3713 [taking place in Tokyo on August 2 and 3], where we’ll have a major announcement that will shock the fans in attendance.

1UP: Both of you named FFVII as your favorite FF game. Do you think we’ll see more Compilation of FFVII titles?

SH: Well, there’s Advent Children Complete, of course.

1UP: FFVII’s characters are so beloved that they’ll probably never go away, right? Just like Mickey Mouse…

SH: [Laughs] That’s true, because today’s 15-year-old kids were only 5 when the game released. Even though they weren’t interested in it then, now they’re getting into it. We’re seeing a new cycle of fans emerging…

a major announcement that will shock the fans in attendance!?!
It must be the FFVII remake!!!

Or:

1. The big announcement is that the real big announcement has been postponed to TGS 2008.
  2. An FF7 jigsaw puzzle game for the Nintendo DS.
  3. A Buster Sword-oriented game for the Wii where you swing the Wiimote to attack with Zack and Cloud’s trademark weapon.
  4. A rail shooter compatible with the Wii Zapper with Vincent again as the lead character.
  5. A Nintendogs clone with Red XIII as your pet.
  6. An attempt at an FPS with Barret as the hero.
  7. A knock-off of the snowboarding minigame in FF7. Only this time, you’ll do it with a Balance Board on the Wii.
  8. A compilation of all FF7 and spin-off soundtracks.
  9. An FF7 remake and it’ll be on the Xbox 360, too!
  10. There will be no FF7 remake, sequel, no nothing. Yup, that’s the big announcement.

http://www.qj.net/A-PS3-fanboy-s-pessimistic-forecast-on-Square-Enix-s-big-Final-Fantasy-7-announcement/pg/49/aid/122264

:hahaha; :hahaha;

Heh, interesting alternatives. XD

I think at this point, #10 would be the most surprising.

So far all that was announced was FFXIII:A and PE3 making their way to the PSP in addition to their original destination.

Also new, in game footage of FFXIII:Vs included on the japanese version of FFVII:AC’s bonus disk.

I like FF7CC ending, I think it was really good. I remember little of FF7, I was young when I played it, so can someone pleas tell me what heppens after FFCC, what heppens with Cloud? And if I remember right, then Cloud in FF7 have purple outfit, but in CC Zack gives him the gray (1’st class) outfit.

And what heppens with Gensis? Is he Kadj (sorry dont remember the name) in AC or what?

No, he isn’t.
If you want to know everything that happens, check out the FF7 story page on the FFCompendium.

I actually read it before I came here [all of it, intresting yet a lot of info to read]. Still, what heppend with Gensis I didnt understand, and why Cloud have purple outfit in FF7 and not gray like in CC?

Sorry I jsut missed that short part |:

The main reason is that FF7 was made more than ten years ago, and his “outfit” is pretty much just a bunch of pixels. -_- It’s a retcon, the same way most of the ending of CC was.

As for Genesis, he’s taken away by Deepground. We’ll see more of them in Dirge of Cerberus.