FF4 The After

God I hope so. Before Crisis FTW?

:wink:

Now, I am rereading Gamespot 2005 comment on BeforeCrisis release in the US, and that could have been a perfect April’s Fool joke.

At its pre-E3 press conference today, Square Enix announced that it will be bringing its highly successful mobile massively multiplayer online game Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis to the United States in 2006.
According to a company representative, development of the North American version has been “coming along nicely,” and the Japanese company expects that Before Crisis will provide American gamers with “an unexpected experience” on their mobile phones.

DS port rumors have been floating for a while – I am still waiting…

Those are just wishful thinking, though… to the best of my knowledge, Squeenix has never made any sort of announcement on the subject.

Front Mission 2089 getting a DS release though.http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165719

It’s a step in the right direction. Too bad there’s no word for a release outside of Japan (or even within Japan for that matter).

So there are 2084 Front Mission games I haven’t played? /willful obtuseness

Pic of the FF4 Gang in FF4:After. Note that Polom and Palom now wear different outfits.

They look pretty cool, actually.

Are you sure that pic is for “The After”? “The After” is supposed to take place long in the future, featuring a descendant of Cecil, I wouldn’t think any of the original characters would be in it directly.

I’m guessing its more likely for the FFIV remake coming to the DS (already out in Japan)

No it isn’t. Its main protagonist is Cecil’s son.

The original article I read, as well as the one posted here said “descendant, long in the future” and such, but I did some extra research and now I find, son, and play as many of the old characters.

You’re right, which is fine with me, Palom and Porom rocked, and Rydia was my favorite FF character ever.

Too bad its unlikely to ever be ported here. I think my phone could probably handle it, but without translating and reformatting it, it doesn’t really matter.

Dark Knight: Well, here’s a BIGGER pic. Copy/Paste URL.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4theafter/propaganda/ff4theafter3.jpg

Damn You And Your Evil Hot Linking Ways!!!

Copy the link genius.

Or click on the address bar and press enter, for not-so-great justice!

This game looks like it’ll be good. Shouldn’t have been mobile though. x.X

IIRC, one cellphone network in Spain offered that service several years ago. I don’t know how European cellphone technology measures up against America’s but certainly we are not yet up to Japan’s levels.

Jaime