FF4 The After

Yay! Another cell phone sequel we’ll never play.

GAAAKKKKK… dies X-X

WHAT!!!

Err, okay.

God damn it…

I’m sure once they hit about 10 years old Square will lump these Cell games into a single mobile game for the Nintendo DS3 or Sony Playstation Sosmallit’sunseeable.

They’d better. >_<

“The After looks to join other major Square Enix sequels like Parasite Eve 3 and Kingdom Hearts Coded as mobile exclusives likely too powerful to run on modern North American cell phones.”

:thud:

I frankly don’t give a damn anymore.

how come they always release games like this on mobiles T_T
i wish they’d just send them to gameboys or something
my phone wont get these games like KH:Coded and i really wanted to play it.

Well it’s official. Squeenix has become Disney!

With that said, this is exactly why I hate Squeenix right now. All we need now is an anime series chronicling the tales of Polom and Palom after the events of FFIV and a few other half-hearted attempts to slap the name and a few other elements of Final Fantasy onto games that aren’t even RPGs.

Originally Posted by Mog Knight
how come they always release games like this on mobiles T_T
i wish they’d just send them to gameboys or something

Probably since they’re trying to access a larger crowd by offering games to people who don’t have the time, money, or (in some cases) space for a computer or a video game console.

Unfortunately, cell phones don’t really do well as anything other than being a cell phone. This tends to make games for cell phones suck especially ones that require complicated actions, precision, or anything that takes more than 30 minutes to finish.

Also, America is still warming up to the idea of cell phones. We might begin to see worthwhile games come out here once we start selling cell phones through vending machines.

Yeah, I am still waiting for Before Crisis to be released in North America.

Keep waiting. It’s not going to happen, certainly not on cell phones. There’s a slight possibility they may port some of these to DS eventually, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Guess #1: Maybe the games are simple and inexpensive to make. They’re not of the quality a title for the DS/PSP is expected to be. Essentially they are just trying to make a quick buck.

Guess #2: SE is trying to expand a “new” platform. Maybe they’re hoping that more people will buy higher end phones which will allow for more games to be sold in the future.

Guess #3: Inevitably your cell phone will be a computer, mp3 player, and gaming system all in one. Maybe they’re gaging public reaction or just trying to speed this along.

I suspect all these games will eventually be available here, in some form- perhaps bunched together as a DS Collection, or maybe downloadable from the Net in the future via a deal like the one the Wii has got.

Remember, business is all “find a need and fill it” and the international FF fan base is too big for Square to ignore.

Of course, it may be many, many years before any of these happen.

And am I the only who finds “FF: The After” to be a terrible name? Is that a mistranslation or intentional? Sheesh.

As Killmore mentioned, a lot of cellphones in Japan are sold through vending machines, and many times they’ll just throw one at you for free since they are so goddamn cheap to make they’ll make more cash with the first phone bill anyway. They are light years ahead the rest of the world when it comes to these accursed aparatuses, and won’t look at us until we [STRIKE]are assimilated[/STRIKE] catch up.

It’s Japanese. You’ve obviously haven’t been exposed to enough weird ass products yet. You should see some TYPE-MOON games, the names are literally made by throwing random words together.

From the “Japanese Mobile Phone Culture” wiki:

There is a popular trend in Japan to use the mobile phone handset to read information from special barcodes. The phone handset can scan the barcode and then take actions based on the type of content. All over Japan there are posters with the codes and in magazines and business cards. The code usually has links to a web site address or email address that the phone can access, or it might contain address and telephone numbers.

Sony has been spearheading the mobile phone wallet technology…there are many locations such as convenience stores which allow users to pay for goods using their phones; some vending machines even accept phone payments.

Services where the user holds the phone up to a source of music (such as a speaker), and, by dialing a certain phone number, the song is found in a database and identified. The user receives the song’s title, artist, and album within seconds.

Japan is so far ahead in this sort of technology it’s scary.

I can get behind that.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165719

Well, it looks like a Front Mission cell phone game is being ported to DS.
Certainly any Final Fantasy game has a chance of being ported at some point?