FF XI Levels

I just started playing FF XI, and I have a question. Is there any way to tell how many EXP points you are lacking to reach the next level? I know that I can examine my character and see what level I am, but I haven’t noticed a bar or anything else that shows progress to the next level. Since you learn new abilities at certain levels, the level your character is tends to be a very important issue.

And is there an FAQ anywhere that tells you how many points are needed to reach any given level? I apologize if this is a stupid question. I’ve only put a few hours in on this game, and it is the first online game I’ve ever played. I’m still trying to figure things out.

Push square and go to stats, it’ll say on the left.

Okay, thanks a lot. I hadn’t even found that menu yet.

How do you know how many points you have in a skill ? I know it has a list of the levels, but can you get a list of how many more points you need to go up ?

Far as I know there isn’t. However, the skill system doesn’t work on the same point system as the level system does. Note that your skill will always increase by multiples of .1. So, you could say, you’re never more than ten points away from increasing a skill, if you’re an optimist.