FF last battle groups

by the end of a FF game(any one), which group of people turns out to be your strongest?

basically, what team do you use for the final battle in the games that let you decide your group?

i use:

FF6: setzer, terra, celes, sabin
FF7: cloud, vincent, cid
FF8: squall, rinoa, zell
FF9: zidane, vivi, dagger, steiner

FF6: Terra, Locke, Celes, Sabin
FF7: Cloud, Tifa, Cid
FF8: Squall, Rinoa, Irvine
FF9: Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Freya
FF10: Yuna, Auron, Rikku

FF6: Terra, Sabin, Edgar, Gogo
FF7: Cloud, Tifa, Vincent
FF8: Squall, Rinoa, Selphie
FF9: Dagger, Vivi, Zidane, Freya
FF10: Yuna, Tidus, Wakka

FFVI: Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Gogo.
FFVII: Cloud Tifa, Cid.
FFIX: Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Quina.

FF10: Tidus, Rikku, Auron

FF1: Knight, Grand Master, Black Wizard, White Wizard

FF2, FF4, FF5: You have no choice in the matter of the last party

FF3: Ninja, Ninja, Sage, Sage

FF6: You end up using all the heroes due to the hero-dying/replacement system; But I usually start with Cyan, Edgar, Sabin, Terra

FF7-FF9, FFT: dunno. Never beat these games

FF10: Lulu, Auron, Yuna

FF6: Terra, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow (Never finished, but I woulda used them)
FF7: Cloud, Red XIII, Cid
FF9: Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Amarant (Not done yet, but this is my projected team)
FF10: Tidus, Yuna, Wakka (Ditto)

I haven’t played FF8 yet, but from what I know of the characters, I plan on using Squall, Rinoa, and Irvine.

FF7 Cloud, Barret, and Cid
FF8 Zell, Squall, Quistis

FF6: Sabin, Edgar, Locke, Celes
FF7: Cloud, Cid, Cait Sith
FF8: Zell, Squall, Irvine
FF9: Steiner, Zidane, Vivi, Dagger
FF10: Tidus, Wakka, Auron (Alter in battle, Ex: Bring in Yuna if want to summon)

This sometimes changes (I have beaten FF7-10 a few times each), but these are my prefered choices.

Are those ideal FFVIII groups? Because your party is irritatingly chosen at random, you know :slight_smile:

yeah, i meant ideal group, as in “the group you save once you get it”.

Although it is chosen at random, you can manipulate it by allowing the characters that are not wanted to die and just concentrate on healing the ones you do want. However, this is a bit pointless. I find that keeping the unwanted characters alive and fighting, at least for the first fight, is a good idea, that way you do not raise the chances of your first choice characters being eliminated early on. You just have to make sure you don’t use all of your healing items/spells attempting to keep your unwanted characters alive. :stuck_out_tongue:

gives himself a pat on the back and goes to get something to eat

shorter version of silverstorm’s post…

Originally posted by Lord Zhou Yu
yeah, i meant ideal group, as in “the group you save once you get it”.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, there are ways around it. It shouldn’t really be a problem if you junction all your characters with equal (as far as possible) Guardian Forces, spells and abilities . . . and assuming you’ve levelled them all up equally :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but I always get my characters up to the highest level I can…in FF8’s case all my chars were lv 100, it took a long time, but luckily the Island Closest to Hell/Heaven are extremely usful for doing this.

For me every time I play a game I usually use a different team. But these are my favourite teams:

FF6: Sabin, Celes, Edgar & Locke.
FF7: Cloud, Vincent & Barret.
FF8: Squall, Irvine & Zell.
FF9: Zidane, Amarant, Dagger & Vivi.
FFX: Tidus, Yuna & Auron.

FFVI: Sabin, Terra, Setzer, Celes
FFVII: Cloud, Barret, Cid
FFVIII: Squall, Rinoa, Zell
FFIX: Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Steiner
FFX: Tidus, Yuna, Rikku

FF I: Knight, Knight, White Wizard, Black Wizard (I also like 4 Fighters w/class change.)

FFIV: No bloody choice! (I would liked to see Kain, Edge, Yang, Palom and Porom kill Zeromus!!!)

FFV: I never played that all the way through.

FFVI: Sabin, Edger, Locke, and amazing, Relm. (Can I paint your potrait!?!?!?!?)

FFVII: Cloud, Vincent, and Cid.

FFVIII: I don’t even think I want to finish that game. :P.

FFIX: I still need to get past Kuja’s Palace. I think I have a glitch in my game that dosen’t let me light the candle so you can fight Ark, but we won’t go into that. :stuck_out_tongue:

FFX: I never plan on touching the game. Though I’d probably do it with Aruon, Rikku, and somebody else.

FF6:Usually I stuck with Terra, Mog, Edgar and Celes. They just seemed like the battle tanks, to me, especially Mog and Edgar.

FF7: Cloud, Vincent, Cid. My best guys.

FF8: Immediatly I would kill off Selphie, Rinoa, and Irvine if I had any one of them. Quistis and Zell were my battle tanks, with the Blue Magic (Big Guard, oh baby…if that’s what it’s called) and Zell’s limit break also. Plus, throw in my Squall with Lionheart, and I could easily beat the game in a short time.

FF9: Zidane, Eiko, Armarant, Freya. Zidane, Freya and Amarant were my ass kickers and Eiko backed them up with Full Life (something I really needed).

w00t! the last two people who posted here had the same ff7 group i used! runs off, yelling “w00t!”

well, he won’t be back for a while…