FF DS games

Could it be you’re thinking about the FF6 SGI demo?

an odd rumour in england - the ff7 remake will be in a similar battle style to ff12/13 (ie. not random - move about)
Any such rumours on the other side of the world (america)??

Also theres been a supposed confirmation of ff6 for psp but i havent found/seen it.
anyone else seen/heard this??

TBH, Remaking FF7 on the Wii then porting that over to 360 and PS3 (with enhanced effects) would be a huge way to make money (and relatively easy, as they all are based on the same processor type).

No such rumours here Balthierfan

THERE IS NO FF7 REMAKE.

Anything anybody says about it is completely, totally, utterly and undeniably false as of this time.

And no, there has been no news about a new PSP remake.

Everybody knows there is no FF7 remake. not to worry :wink:

Never said there was, just it would be way too easy to port between systems if you starts with Wii and worked your way up.

edit: Oh sorry, you’re addressing Balthierfan. I’m tired. >_< Back to studying.

so what was the modernised ff7 preview about from E3 a coupla years back?? a hoax??

and the ff6 rumour - you were right (it was an april fools)

It was a tech demo for the PS3. They did something similar for the PS2 - they recreated the ballroom FMV scene from FF8 on PS2 hardware. It actually says “Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo” or something similar when the clip starts up. The official stance is that there is no FF7 remake planned and never was.

Much like the N64 tech demo with FF6 characters.

That wasn’t an N64 tech demo, though, it was a demo on a Silicon Graphics workstation, and wasn’t shown at a large gathering like E3. And unlike the other two, it was actually playable.

It was shown as an example of what they were planning on doing with the 64 however, before they considered the cartridge size limitations anyway.

ah. my mistake - my side of the world rarely gets stuff like tech demos (at least not first hand) so we take it as we see and hope.

Any news on the DS game front (this is after all sort of what this thread’s about)

Nope.

pity.

ah well, you people’ll probably hear before europe do…